Issue with car dock

izhazissuez

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
I got the car dock for my maxx and it is loose and wiggles within the holder. Any ideas? Is this normal? I tried to fit it with the case but then the charging port does not line up. Help please

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
If it's like the Bionic car dock, there should be a small thin spacer in the dock that sounds like it may not be there if you are saying the phone is lose and wiggles when placed in the dock.

izhazissuez

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If I leave the spacer in the phone will not fit, when the spacer is removed the phone fits but is not tight within the confines of the holster. The bottom of the phone or right side when placed in the holder (side with the 4 buttons) is loose and moves around

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My dock fits fine and the charging port lines up perfectly every time, not to offend the OP but are you sure its the Maxx dock you have and not the Razr one? The salesmanat my store tried to sell me a reg Razr dock until I showed him it wouldn't work with the Maxx.

izhazissuez

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
No offense taken it is the official razr maxx dock from verizon. I wonder if maybe I got one that was packaged incorrectly or something...

rousch6

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I just had the same problem with Verizon. The sales guy tried to sell me the NON Maxx version and the phone fell out in my car. When I went back to the store he put my BRAND new phone in a small rubber case and SHOVED it in the dock and said there ya go that will be $20.00 for the case. I thought I was going to punch him. I told him to take the dock back and he wondered why...hmmmmm I wonder. I suggest you research things on the forums and NOT trust the commision based sales guy!!!!! I am buying my MAXX dock from Amazon and I will see what happens.

sspartan

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
If your car dock has the removable spacer then the dock you have is the one made from the Razr not the Razr Maxx. The Razr Maxx car dock does not have the removable spacer.