Issues after ICS Update?

Couver81

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Have any other SII X owners had any issues since updating to ICS?

I did the update on Tuesday and everything seemed fine but for the last three days my phone has been really buggy. The music player suddenly freezes the screen and then the screen goes black and won't turn back on. I have to keep fiddling with the power button before it comes back on and then the time is always two hours ahead for some reason. Restarting fixes it but it's happened two days in a row now.

Yesterday I also noticed that the screen would suddenly flicker and get lines on it in certain areas of the different home screens.

The phone ran perfectly on Gingerbread 2.3 and it's not even two months old yet so I'm inclined to believe ICS is to blame.

Anyone else in a similar situation? I'm thinking of doing a factory reset if the problem persists.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven;t had the issues you have, but I am also not 100% sure that the update to ICS has been all that smooth. I find my phone is a bit inconsistent in how it runs. Sometimes it's really smooth and other times it lags. May try the factory reset too.

LisaD0115

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I saw somewhere that they pulled the update because a lot of people were having to send their phone in for repair. Don't know what that means exactly - I would think you should just be able to roll back the software but I think that hasn't worked to fix whatever has been happening to the phones. So if you think something really is funky with your phone now, you could be right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delgerjargal