Issues with HTC Sync?

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I am thinking about moving to an Inspire 4G from my blackberry. I have seen a couple of posts regarding the HTCSync software not recognizing the device. Is this a problem for many, or just a few isolated incidents?

My understanding is that I can set up the Inspire to go through microsoft exchange to receive my work e-mails. However, I would have to use the HTCsync software to get my work calendar. Is this correct? I essentially do the same thing for my blackberry right now, using the blackberry desktop software to sync my calendar.

I would not be able to sync to google, since it is my work calendar, so that is not an option. I believe I will need the HTCsync software, which is why I am asking if others are having trouble with the software.

Thanks!

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I tired mine out last night as I wanted to sync some music. PC didn't see the phone and vise-versa. I went to bed. Will attempt again tonight.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues getting my computer to recognize my Inspire. Takes a minute but it finds it. I was able to sync about 22GB of music the other night just fine.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Just got the Inspire yesterday, tried to install/setup HTC Sync on Win7 64-bit PC. Followed the directions to a T. With HTC Sync running in the sys tray, plug in the phone and sync closes. I've been reading infinite posts dating back over a year about sync probs with many devices. Hopefully someone out there can solve it.

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Just got the Inspire yesterday, tried to install/setup HTC Sync on Win7 64-bit PC. Followed the directions to a T. With HTC Sync running in the sys tray, plug in the phone and sync closes. I've been reading infinite posts dating back over a year about sync probs with many devices. Hopefully someone out there can solve it.

Hmmm... I'm also running 64bit Win7. Maybe I'll try a 32-bit or XP PC...

Shempster

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Hey, your doing alot better with Sync than I am! It just sits there, dosen't react to the phone being plugged in, nothing...

Thuban @ 4ghz
8gb Ram
Win 7 64bit

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I was doing some web browsing, and found this. Has anyone who is having issues syncing tried this?

Download HTC Sync
1. Install HTC Sync
2. Connect phone to computer (via USB)
3. Let the computer install the drivers
4. Go to “Devices and Printers,” Find “Android Phone”, right click on it, then “Properties,” then “Hardware” tab. You will see “HTC Dream” or “My HTC” there.
5. Click on it, go to “Properties.” Then click the “Driver” tab. Do “Update Driver.”
6. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\HTC\HTC Driver\Driver Files. Select either Vista or Windows 7. Choose “androidusb.”
7. Once its done, unplug your phone and plug it back in. “USB Sync” should pop up on your phone, select it. Your phone should be connected to your computers HTC Sync now, make sure the app is running .
8. Anytime you want to sync now, make sure HTC sync is running on your PC, then plug in your phone, then select the option on the phone.

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Got it to work. Apparently, don't open the HTC Sync software then connect your phone. I closed it, then connected... and BAM.. it worked. Weird.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I was doing some web browsing, and found this. Has anyone who is having issues syncing tried this?

I just went through those steps and that's already the driver that is installed, so that didn't work for me. I'm going back and forth with HTC tech support right now. If they come up with a solution I'll post it.

MadMike666

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
i had issues last night when i tried using sync for the first time. my problem was the usb settings in the phone itself was set to charge only by default once i changed that everything worked for me

Royal Android

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues when I tried to sync my new Inspire on Sunday. I spent hours on the phone with HTC tech support and could not get it to work on my Win7 64 bit laptop but it worked on my daughter's Vista 32 bit laptop. When using the 32 bit laptop, the HTC Sync saw the Inspire as a "Desire HD" but tech support said that was OK. The software was last updated on 01/12/11. Still waiting for HTC to call back after escalating the issue for the 64 bit laptop. I believe there is a distinction between 64 bit vs. 32 bit systems.

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issues when I tried to sync my new Inspire on Sunday. I spent hours on the phone with HTC tech support and could not get it to work on my Win7 64 bit laptop but it worked on my daughter's Vista 32 bit laptop. When using the 32 bit laptop, the HTC Sync saw the Inspire as a "Desire HD" but tech support said that was OK. The software was last updated on 01/12/11. Still waiting for HTC to call back after escalating the issue for the 64 bit laptop. I believe there is a distinction between 64 bit vs. 32 bit systems.

I run Win7 64-bit. As stated in a previous post, it worked when I plugged the phone in w/o first launching the Sync software. If I had the software open and plugged the phone in, no go. Odd, but might be something to try.

f308gt4

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
So I finally got my Inspire 4G yesterday, and have tried the HTCsync software (My work does not support exchange for the droid phones, only for BB and iphone, so I have to sync my calendar manually).

It works for me only for the first sync. If I disconnect the device then reconnect and try to sync, it does not find the device. However, if I exit the HTCsync software, then re-run it, and attach the device, it works.

velvetelvis

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
shouldnt have to use a third party solution. this should work. apparently htc hasnt upgraded any of their computer to win 7 or any 64 bit os.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, still can't get my Inspire to sync on my Win7 64 pc. Called tech support as suggested in their 3rd e-mail to me. Phone tech support told me that they are completely seperate from e-mail tech sup, so I had to tell them all the steps I had already taken. They had 2 suggestions: hard reset (don't want to do that since I'll lose all my contacts) or try installing on another pc. I installed it on my Win7 64 laptop and it worked, so there must be some software on my other pc interfering. Now all I have to do is sync to my laptop and browse to the folders I want across my network. Thanks HTC:mad:

_berver

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Windows 7 32-bit .

I am too. Seems to work on some but not on others. The way I see it, I can fight to get htc sync to work growing more and more frustrated with each failed attempt or I can just use something that works for me. Once I found it, I haven't looked back. I don't care what the application is called as long as it gets the job done.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts