It Was Short, But It Was Great! My Journey From A Note 5 To An iPhone 6S...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I just don't understand it. If your customer is having bad service and there are plenty of carriers now willing to buy them out of their contract with you, why wouldn't you make your customer happy when there is such a cheap and easy fix? More money for you.

Either I'm missing something big or AT&T and Verizon are just being idiots and their #1 and #2 spots are in danger.

While normally I agree the case here isn't this. He has a booster but Verizon's booster still runs on their CDMA through the persons home internet. Until they get a new booster he will have this issue (or whenever Verizon released WiFi calling that may help).

Verizon just needs to get a new booster that can handle VoLTE over a persons internet (since it is technically a VoIP call) and that would solve the issue.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
For anyone who suggested another carrier, I just gave AT&T a try (I put the SIM in my old iPhone 6 Plus) and it's worse than Verizon at my house. It says it has an LTE signal most of the time but it produces literally sub-3G data speeds and at other times other times it loses signal all together. I'm sure it could be made better with a repeater, but since it's even worse than Verizon (even without a Verizon repeater) out of the box, I don't really see the point, especially given that I'd have to give up my unlimited data. Sprint and T-Mobile have no signal whatsoever at my house so the only other option would be US Cellular, but I don't think I want to go that route again as they're always slower to get new technology.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali