It's time for an upgrade !!!!!!

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Probably for the same reason that we dont use voice type or something else.

I am using the keyboard right now on my galaxy s4, but prefer my s pen on my note 2.

I prefer it due to the accuracy of taking notes or writing a page full of text without having to go back over what was typed on a keyboard and correct typos because you miss a key by a hair of an inch. Swyping is not much better when a lot of words may not be in the dictionary until learned by the software.

This is the exact reason that I purchased a note 10. When I am in a meeting, I would rather be able to control what is input via my s pen than rely on a software keyboard. I would use a wacom digitizer on a desktop if I had one.

As for the question about using other pens, the s pen is made using wacom's technology as an active stylus. The s pen and other stylii that incorporate wacom's tech will work on the note 2, as the digitizer overlay on the note 2 is essentially their product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I've been wrecking my brain far too long, I'm just going to go with my first choice, The NOTE 2, on the phone ordering now before i change my mind again lol and i've found some cute starter cases so far.....

thanks all for replies....

Great choice. You will love it :) the s-pen is awesome :)

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!! :)

Ivan Tikhvinski

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Really like the S-Pen for shopping lists. Can use S-Note to create them and tick off the stuff that I have bought... of course a shopping list app can be used just the same though, but for me I have purchased some cookbooks from kindle, so I can just grab a screenshot from there and copy it in the S Note app. Then I can just use the s-pen to scratch things off the list as I buy them. Without it, I would have to use an app to create a shopping list...

Last edited:

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
When people say the Note 2 has ungodly battery life they sure aren't kidding. This is the first smartphone I've ever had that can legitimately last near 2 full days on a single charge. And that's even with moderate usage! Way impressive.
As opposed to illegitimately lasting 2 days on a single charge? Also.... What moderate usage are you doing that you claim gets you this 2 days? Other than using the phone as a paper weight, I've never gotten past one day (and I mean work day, not 24 hours) with this device, nor heard of anyone else attaining 2 days with it. You sure about that claim?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

TheOtherBill

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I've never gotten past one day (and I mean work day, not 24 hours) with this device, nor heard of anyone else attaining 2 days with it. You sure about that claim?
I don't see why not. I charge my phone nightly and most of the time it has not reached 50%. In some of the battery life threads are screenshots of people doing way better than that.

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
As opposed to illegitimately lasting 2 days on a single charge? Also.... What moderate usage are you doing that you claim gets you this 2 days? Other than using the phone as a paper weight, I've never gotten past one day (and I mean work day, not 24 hours) with this device, nor heard of anyone else attaining 2 days with it. You sure about that claim?

Some web browsing, texting on and off all day, some email, Play Music streaming for an hour or so, taking some photos/videos, Instagram on and off all day. I think it's the lack of talking on the phone that gets me 2 days sometimes. I use wifi when available to improve battery, and have extremely solid LTE coverage where I live and work.

_X_

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
As opposed to illegitimately lasting 2 days on a single charge? Also.... What moderate usage are you doing that you claim gets you this 2 days?
I've gotten that much before, but only on light use, as in texting and phone use. I only get good battery results with Wi-Fi off and power saving mode on. However I'm normally a heavy user and don't get more than a day.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I've gotten that much before, but only on light use, as in texting and phone use. I only get good battery results with Wi-Fi off and power saving mode on. However I'm normally a heavy user and don't get more than a day.

I'm a heavy user as well, with no Wi-Fi at work, so as long as I can get through an entire work day I'll be good with that. My s3 doesn't make it to noon before I have to charge it, or change batteries.

~Jae, using tapatalk 4 beta~

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Some web browsing, texting on and off all day, some email, Play Music streaming for an hour or so, taking some photos/videos, Instagram on and off all day. I think it's the lack of talking on the phone that gets me 2 days sometimes. I use wifi when available to improve battery, and have extremely solid LTE coverage where I live and work.

Got it. The wifi helps huge. Also, not taking calls is another big one. Still can't believe you wrestle two days out of this thing! Amazing

Mamaluka

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I never am around wifi and I usually only browse the Web and text. My phone is ready for a charge in only a few hours. I don't let it get past 20%, and that happens quickly. Within hours or a half a day.

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
MY NOTE 2 JUST ARRIVED! JUST SIGNED FOR IT! seems like it took forever to get here

~Jae, using tapatalk 4 beta~

LadiJae

May 30, 2010
Visit site
So how do you like it so far?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

LOVE IT! It's only missing one feature that my S3 had was vibrating when you the pick the phone up if you have missed messages or calls.....

~Jae, tap'n on my Galaxy Note 2~owned since 5-30-13

tireboy66

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on the note2.. I have had mine for 2 months now.. best choice ive made.. It freaks out people when i tell them its a phone lmao....Everything else seems tiny in comparison..

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on the note2.. I have had mine for 2 months now.. best choice ive made.. It freaks out people when i tell them its a phone lmao....Everything else seems tiny in comparison..

My friend Paul calls it a small television set. Lol.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!! :)

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
LOVE IT! It's only missing one feature that my S3 had was vibrating when you the pick the phone up if you have missed messages or calls.....

~Jae, tap'n on my Galaxy Note 2~owned since 5-30-13

It's a fun phone. I can't look back now lol. I hope the note 3 isn't too awkwardly large, though I think it will be. The only thing that could replace this is another note lol.

Sent from my awesome Note 2!!!!!!! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markp84103