I've about had it...

L2 Fly

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I joined these forums about two weeks ago because I got a GNex. I'm currently on my fifth (all have had hardware problems), and there are dead pixels where the software home button is this time. They're easily visible when watching a video and bother me to no end. If this were my first Nexus, then I'd have a replacement already, but now, after having been through four others, is it worth it? There's the possibility that I could get another dud, which wouldn't surprise me at all, and I'd have to go through this process all over again. Also, having the employees look at me oddly because I'm so OCD about these things pushes me farther from replacing it too. Lately, I've been contemplating the iPhone 4s option, but at the same time, I feel like I shouldn't even consider it. The only way for me to put my situation is that I'm between a rock and a hard place. So, what do you all think?

As always, thanks for the input,
Nic

Update: I got my sixth today, and the screen is flawless. I also seem to be receiving better signal on this one as well. I'm ecstatic that this one is as perfect as things get and so glad that I didn't switch to an iPhone!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
There is no way I would keep returning for a different one. I would've already chosen something else.
However, there is also no way I would ever own an iPhone.

Last edited:

svfd757

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I joined these forums about two weeks ago because I got a GNex. I'm currently on my fifth (all have had hardware problems), and there are dead pixels where the software home button is this time. They're easily visible when watching a video and bother me to no end. If this were my first Nexus, then I'd have a replacement already, but now, after having been through four others, is it worth it? There's the possibility that I could get another dud, which wouldn't surprise me at all, and I'd have to go through this process all over again. Also, having the employees look at me oddly because I'm so OCD about these things pushes me farther from replacing it too. Lately, I've been contemplating the iPhone 4s option, but at the same time, I feel like I shouldn't even consider it. The only way for me to put my situation is that I'm between a rock and a hard place. So, what do you all think?

Nic

I wouldn't worry about the guys working at Verizon. If you have an issue with a phone you paid this much for then you should be happy with it. While I would hate to see anyone go to the dark side and get an iphone I would seriously consider returning it and waiting on the sgiii that thing is pretty sick

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus by way of Tapatalk

1fastmr2

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issues with my Nexus. I told Verizon why would I pay for a service and can not use my phone. They offered me a RAZR MAXX. I know it does not have a HD screen but i can use it without having any issues :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

twindragons187

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I was having the same issues with my Nexus. I told Verizon why would I pay for a service and can not use my phone. They offered me a RAZR MAXX. I know it does not have a HD screen but i can use it without having any issues :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Yep same here.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wakebrdrnc

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I am on my third phone and second sim card. Still getting yelled at by my fiance every time we talk about how she hates my phone being all choppy when we talk. Four out of five calls I have people make the same complaint. 4.0.4 did not help AT ALL. How do I get them to let me get an S3?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am on my third phone and second sim card. Still getting yelled at by my fiance every time we talk about how she hates my phone being all choppy when we talk. Four out of five calls I have people make the same complaint. 4.0.4 did not help AT ALL. How do I get them to let me get an S3?

I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell for that swap.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell for that swap.

lol...maybe 6 months from now when the SG3 is old news.

To the OP, verizon employees don't care how many times you return it. To them, you're just another tech support phone call. It's probably easier for them to put in an order for a replacement than it is to stay on the line troubleshooting for a fix.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Nic

If I was in your situation I would be looking into getting another kind of phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely not!!! They have restrictions on new handsets for certain time frames. If you want a swap your pretty much offered a like new razr Maxx or rezound.

I'm on my 5th but have no interest in either replacement. I would accept a new rezound headphones and all but they wont give me new and i don't want used. So I'm arguing it's not my fault the phone is a dud and shouldn't be forced into another phone I don't want. If they didn't get the nexus I'd still be holding out so I'm pushing for a return and reinstate of upgrade.

Probably got a better chance winning the lottery but phone is unusable with dropped data and dropped calls and I shouldn't have to shelf $300 and be forced to use a backup phone for 2 years till I can upgrade again.

I already threatened to take my service else where. I have 2 accounts 4 lines each and pay over $300 a month each account for over $7000 a year. If that's worth losing to them over a one time $300 phone that's a dud then I would switch out of principle alone.

This iPhone was given to me by a family member that switched to sprint. I'm not a fan but it works all the time. So I keep switching to this as to not miss calls when I'm on call at the hospital I work for. I get random voice mail with no actual call and missed call ins twice so almost losing my job was my last straw with the gnex.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?o3cppx
Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Last edited:

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Just switch to the iPhone. Easier to deal with.

Im on my 3rd Gnex. I had it day one and got unlocky, i think.. 5 months now and no issues at all.