I've got a Toq. You've got questions. Fire away!

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just got a tweet back from Qualcomm and they said there's no physical limitation and implied that a developer could implement a second hand or stopwatch face once the SDK is released:
toqsupport.jpg

Which of course begs the question: why didn't they do at least one watchface with seconds just as an example?

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Jeffrey for this info.

I'm just hoping they release the SDK soon and that an app appears soon.

A sweep seconds watch face whether analog or digital and and timer app would really rock.

Qualcomm should really have included at least one watch face with sweep seconds.

Oh well, a small setback. I still consider my Toq as the best smart watch, both in function and in looks, versus my Pebble, which I already sold, because I never developed a liking for the way it looks, and Cookoo which I kept - I like the way it looks despite the fact it just delivers notifications through simple icons with no text.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeffreytz

Mayor of Awesometown
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The latest software update addresses one of Phil's complaints when you get multiple notifications from an app at the same time (primarily email). For example I used to get an email notification and it would have 3 or 4 subject lines all run together if the Android Notification bar was showing several emails (i.e. the "3 new messages"). Now it put a separator bar between the multiple messages included in the single notification, they look really good as you scroll through them. Nice!

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
The latest software update addresses one of Phil's complaints when you get multiple notifications from an app at the same time (primarily email). For example I used to get an email notification and it would have 3 or 4 subject lines all run together if the Android Notification bar was showing several emails (i.e. the "3 new messages"). Now it put a separator bar between the multiple messages included in the single notification, they look really good as you scroll through them. Nice!
I'd rather get 3 separate notifications than a summary report.

Message contents seem to be missing from all my notifications as of this past release as well. Not sure if this is a side effect of KitKat or not though, but kills the Toq's utility if I can't preview message bodies.

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Does Toq support multiple languages such as Korean or Japanese? If I am not able to see any notification with a language other than English, that might be useless.

synplex

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Did any of you guys know that the Toq watch has a mic on its body? :confused:
I just found out from that Tech support that there's a Mic hole located on the body right where the strap has that "u" shape cut-out.
They will apparently activate it "Soon" with the release of the Wireless headsets to make and receive phone calls on the Watch.
This was all new News to me! :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore