"I've ordered my Galaxy S7!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Which version and color are you pre ordering?

• Total voters

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I received my S7 yesterday! It was a shock! I had it sent to my parents house since my father is retired and is home all day... and yes i drove 50 min to my parents house to pick it up!

sunrat39

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable. My line shipped by FedEx but my other two lines shipped by UPS. Guess who got their packages and who didn't? I hate FedEx, worst luck.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know what phone you previously had but we had horrible M9's the 7 and 8 were much better. We are so glad to have Samsung and don't you just love the phone. We're amazed by it and it's just a cell phone but it's the best we ever had. Can't wait to come home tonight and take pictures of my kitties LOL!

I received my S7 yesterday! It was a shock! I had it sent to my parents house since my father is retired and is home all day... and yes i drove 50 min to my parents house to pick it up!

DBeary

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Yay!! :happydance:
was bummed reading about your tracking woes

hoping to pick up mine today , it's here at FedEx

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Unbelievable. My line shipped by FedEx but my other two lines shipped by UPS. Guess who got their packages and who didn't? I hate FedEx, worst luck.

I hate Fedex sunrat!
My tracking number didnt work yesterday a.m. Then my father texted me around 12:00 told me it came. I checked UPS and the tracking number had worked then. Its a great phone. I work at a hospital so i cant be on it much during the day, but its been unplugged since 6 a.m. and its only at 94%. I am sure Doze has kicked in a few times though.

DBeary

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
OK, after hearing that, I just texted my friend at work to let me know when it comes in ( they'll bring it out not knowing it's my day off)
FedEx tracking says it's still here at the sorting facility

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I did read that other people are not getting "great" battery life. Who knows. Like i said my phone sits around a lot during the day. My Note 5 was decent battery life but not great. It all depends on the user.. I also shut off location and disable the bloatware apps i dont use. I also have an iPhone 6s plus which the battery on that thing is amazing. Before you call me a traitor LOL i am not.. I just have a cell phone issue which i must have a new one often! LOL :mad::p

CBonney

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
It shipped today and I got my tracking number....but, I'm returning it before I open it. AT&T misrepresented the monthly cost.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
I also have an iPhone 6s plus which the battery on that thing is amazing. Before you call me a traitor LOL i am not.. I just have a cell phone issue which i must have a new one often! LOL :mad::p

Funny!

The iPhone is pushing a lot fewer pixels, which could account for some of the difference in battery life. And their software is very well optimized for their hardware.

K9Mayut

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm so frustrated with Verizon... Placed my order two days ago and the site said I'd receive it by Friday... March 11. Got up this morning and had an email saying my order was cancelled. I called Verizon and they claimed it was a glitch in their system that is cancelling orders accidentally but now the Shipping date shows March 11. Ugh....

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: I just pre-ordered.... When will it arrive?

I just ordered my S7 on AT&T's website this morning. Has anyone else on here ordered this late and if so, what are they estimating? I wonder if ordering through the ATT store would be quicker? They are saying mine is estimated to ship on the 14th-16th. Are these estimates conservative or about right?

TheCodeFiend

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site

Tell me about it. FedEx was supposed to deliver mine Monday. It's currently at a sorting facility, and customer service says maybe I'll see it today, maybe tomorrow.

DBeary

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
FedEx tracking sucks ... latest update at the time of this post ...
3/08/2016 - Tuesday
5:11 pm At destination sort facility

no, no it's not ... it's sitting here on my desk right now
good thing I called my friend at work

DBeary

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
wow ... this thing is gorgeous!
the black looks so elegant, the back has micro brushed finish under a smooth clear covering .. you should see what it does in the light ... <3

OK ... I'll stop now ;)

kelela92

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today (VZW). Same thing as others with FedEx. It still says it's at the destination facility, when in fact it got delivered at 12pm. It's charging so I can get it set up and order my Gear S2. :)

ETA: Just claimed my Gear S2. I feel better now. I set-up my phone and am downloading the apps. It is SUPER HOT and not in a good way. :( Hopefully it'll cool down soon. (ah, the quick charger is what was making it hot)

Now to go get Samsung Pay and get a free charger. Woohoo. I'm excited to play with this phone, but I'm at work, so no more goofing off.
ETA: boo, there's no more left. :(

Last edited:

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
got both of mine, and both gear s2 watch offers submitted ! :)

too early to tell for battery life, but losing 11% battery and I have had it for like 20 minutes isnt a great sign.

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got it. Phone looks and feels amazing. Really like the cold feel. Odd part is that I never got a receipt for my purchase so I can't redeem the VR set. I also still don't see a charge on my card haha.