Jello affect or effect?

Jax112

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
When I zoom my camera or video I get an immediate jello effect or affect I'm not sure which is the correct terminology as soon as I zoom out the jello and goes away. Seems to do it more during warm days. Any ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Only on grammar - you get an effect, you affect something. (And in psychology, affect (accent on the first syllable this time) means the experience of feeling or emotion.) So you're experiencing an effect.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It's good that you asked, and Rukbat's answer is correct. (You can also effect something, which means to put it into effect, as opposed to affecting something, which means to have an effect on it.) And just for future reference, the quickest and most accurate way to answer questions like that is to look up the words in a dictionary, which you can do from your browser just by highlighting a word and then clicking to search for it.

As for the Jello effect, I'm not sure what's going on. Is the camera being shaken at the time? Are you using the digital zoom, or switching to the zoom camera? If you stay zoomed in, does the quiver settle down or keep going?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Here ya go

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190520-155334_Dictionary.jpg
    Screenshot_20190520-155334_Dictionary.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20190520-155226_Dictionary.jpg
    Screenshot_20190520-155226_Dictionary.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 31

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I zoom my camera or video I get an immediate jello effect or affect I'm not sure which is the correct terminology as soon as I zoom out the jello and goes away. Seems to do it more during warm days. Any ideas?
Put the phone in safe mode see if it still happens.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this showing up on recorded video? Or are you talking about how it looks in the viewfinder? It might help to use another device to take a video of your phone's screen as you're zooming, then post it to YouTube or Vimeo or whatever site you prefer, then share the link with us so we can see this jello effect.

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
He's talking about the telephoto lens problem that everyone says is hardware yet even though who get it serviced have it come back multiple times.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Down the shore today and everytime I would take a video, for the first 5 seconds the videos look like a wave. I think the sun was causing this. But used my wife's S10 plus and that effect wasn't there at all.
grabbed my daughters s9 plus and still videos came out good, no problems.

My note 9 almost was thrown into the Atlantic
I'm sick of this phone!!
I've done everything.

I removed my grandbaby and daughter out of it the best I could.. I wanted to preserve the videos for Assurion.
Here's my best posting of this BS I could give you.

I'm very disgusted with this phone!!!

Anyone ever had videos start out like this. And would not correct itself unless I flipped it into selfie mode then back to Video mode and then video was fine for awhile.

Anyone see this before while you begin to take a video?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190609-002154_Gallery.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190609-002154_Gallery.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 31

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
Down the shore today and everytime I would take a video, for the first 5 seconds the videos look like a wave. I think the sun was causing this. But used my wife's S10 plus and that effect wasn't there at all.
grabbed my daughters s9 plus and still videos came out good, no problems.

My note 9 almost was thrown into the Atlantic
I'm sick of this phone!!
I've done everything.

I removed my grandbaby and daughter out of it the best I could.. I wanted to preserve the videos for Assurion.
Here's my best posting of this BS I could give you.

I'm very disgusted with this phone!!!

Anyone ever had videos start out like this. And would not correct itself unless I flipped it into selfie mode then back to Video mode and then video was fine for awhile.

Anyone see this before while you begin to take a video?

Looks like what I experienced when I had the buzzing telephoto lens issue. Go get it fixed at Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay