JellyBeans ROM

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Is there a "Clear" button to clear the notifications list?

In the stock ROM you can clear a list of multiple notifications by pressing "Clear". Is that possible with Jellly Beans ROM? Or do you always have to press and "enter" each individual notification to clear it? That would be a major bummer.

********* UPDATE *********
Found out you click the "stairs" in the upper right corner to clear all notifications.

Last edited:

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks universend, when you ask you DO receive! :D

I found a guide for installing Slim Bean using ClockWorkMod on the international Note 2 at International Business Times - International Business News, Financial News, Market News, Politics, Forex, Commodities so I adapted it to install Jelly Beans on the Verizon Note 2 using TWRP. Worked well for me. Now I'm learning the ropes of the ROM.

If you want to stay with this rom you may want to flash the 4.1.2 vramc3 cellular radio rom later. It's not in the main part of the rom. The radio zip link is at xda in the original development section like the main JB rom.

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a problem....after flashing this rom my pc doesn't recognize my GN2 anymore! Every time I connect my phone to my pc it just downloads it as "samsung android phone" or something to that effect. I tried the toolkit and still nothing, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!

90beater

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
I just uploaded my avatar and connected my phone to upload the photo. It shows it as SCH-I605 with 17 connected to Win7.

I will look and see if I can find the Samsung drivers.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
As I understand it JellyBean is AOSP themed. For those that have tried it or are using it, is the theming 100% replacing the TouchWiz or just partially? Call me strange, but I like everything to be a consistent look and feel.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
As I understand it JellyBean is AOSP themed. For those that have tried it or are using it, is the theming 100% replacing the TouchWiz or just partially? Call me strange, but I like everything to be a consistent look and feel.

I think it is pretty much all AOSP themed. I can't really find anything that looks like stock TW.

- - - Updated - - -

Build 17 is out...I have updated the OP.

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok I have a problem....after flashing this rom my pc doesn't recognize my GN2 anymore! Every time I connect my phone to my pc it just downloads it as "samsung android phone" or something to that effect. I tried the toolkit and still nothing, I NEED HELP PLEASE!!

So after you flashed Jellybeans (JB) 16 your PC doesn't see your phone? If so have you downloaded and installed the latest GN2 Samsung drivers from Samsung support or elsewhere? I have the latest drivers from Samsung installed and my PC sees my phone fine. How did your JB install go? Is Jellybeans running properly? What "toolkit" are you using and why?

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

You can chose the Nova or TouchWiz launcher at any time. If the TW launcher is enabled the Settings screens are AOSP, but mostly everything else is TW. Also the notification bar symbols are AOSP. To me JB is pretty much like stock TouchWiz unless you have the Nova launcher enabled. There are a number of You Tube videos that show how to set up JB and what it looks like. Probably a good idea for everybody before flashing it.

Last edited:

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have been lurking here for a while. Had a HTC 3VO before and looked around here a lot and upgraded to a Note II a few months ago. I had never rooted a phone until last week.

I used Casual Root to unlock and root my Note II. It was way easier than I expected. I then loaded the Jellybeans 12 ROM. All was good then just when I got the phone to my liking version 13 came out. I used Titanium backup to save all I could before upgrading to 13 but luckily it wasn?t needed. All my settings were still present after the upgrade.

I did the memory swap so I now have a 64GB phone and it also has the APN editor built in for when I go overseas in a few months. There are also a bunch of other improvements that make it worth it IMO.

Nice Choice for your move all the way around, I enjoyed my EVO 3D, I love my Galaxy Note 2!! I also love Jelly "Beans" Rom, I feel is it the best choice for this Phone!!

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
You can chose the Nova or TouchWiz launcher at any time. If the TW launcher is enabled the Settings screens are AOSP, but mostly everything else is TW. Also the notification bar symbols are AOSP. To me JB is pretty much like stock TouchWiz unless you have the Nova launcher enabled. There are a number of You Tube videos that show how to set up JB and what it looks like. Probably a good idea for everybody before flashing it.
This helps. I watched ~ four review videos and couldn't tell for sure that the theming is 100% AOSP all the way. I've tried Nova on other phones and am a fan, but for some reason seeing the inconsistent look and feel with a launcher over the ROM really bugs me. Was hoping that the JB AOSP theming 100% replaces the TW look/feel. Understand I can go with an AOSP based ROM and completely move away from TW and gain some of the cool things that JB offers, but still want the S Pen related goodness and features.

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
So after you flashed Jellybeans (JB) 16 your PC doesn't see your phone? If so have you downloaded and installed the latest GN2 Samsung drivers from Samsung support or elsewhere? I have the latest drivers from Samsung installed and my PC sees my phone fine. How did your JB install go? Is Jellybeans running properly? What "toolkit" are you using and why?

I have the latest GN2 drivers, my JB install went smooth with no problems, and I don't remember the name of the "toolkit". I am using this "toolkit" cause I heard that it would help get my GN2 back to stock. I thought that would remedy my problem that I was having.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the latest GN2 drivers, my JB install went smooth with no problems, and I don't remember the name of the "toolkit". I am using this "toolkit" cause I heard that it would help get my GN2 back to stock. I thought that would remedy my problem that I was having.
Seems you might be using this toolkit: [Galaxy Note2 TOOLKIT V3.0.0 Verizon] Drivers, Backup, Root, Recovery, Flash Stock - xda-developers. In general for Verizon phones I would avoid any toolkits other than what the specifc Verizon rom developers and of course the Verizon unlock devs put out there. I would always get my the latest drivers from Samsung itself if possible and Odin only from where I could run an md5 on it. Sometimes people say they just what you did that they could connect once but after that they had to find a different cable or use a different PC. Of course now that you have unlocked you only want to run Odin if you are trying to return you phone for warranty/insurance purposes. And read up carefully on what it takes. You don't even need Odin to run the stock 4.1.2 because the Bean's developer created a stock 4.1.2 rom for phones with unlocked bootloaders. You may have to reinstall drivers numerous times and try different cables and PCs. Since you have root you could use Root Explorer or ES File Explorer (I like the first better) and copy internal phone files to you external SD card and then read the card in a PC. Also have you tried to install the latest Kies app from Samsung and see if you can see you files? Sometimes the wireless version works better than the usb version and vice versa.

Also are you positive your PC doesn't see the phone? My work PC doesn't do the whole File, AutoRun, Media choice thing when it's plugged in - the phone shows up silently in My Computer.

Last edited:

mobius99

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Do you by any chance have the link to the beans stock rom?
I guess you're using the toolkit from that guy at xda. In general for Verizon phones I would avoid any toolkits other than what the specifc Verizon rom developers and of course the Verizon unlock devs put out there. I would always get my the latest drivers from Samsung itself if possible and Odin only from where I could run an md5 on it. Sometimes people say they just what you did that they could connect once but after that they had to find a different cable or use a different PC. Of course now that you have unlocked you only want to run Odin if you are trying to return you phone for warranty/insurance purposes. And read up carefully on what it takes. You don't even need Odin to run the stock 4.1.2 because the Bean's developer created a stock 4.1.2 rom for phones with unlocked bootloaders. You may have to reinstall drivers numerous times and try different cables and PCs. Since you have root you could use Root Explorer or ES File Explorer (I like the first better) and copy internal phone files to you external SD card and then read the card in a PC. Also have you tried to install the latest Kies app from Samsung and see if you can see you files? Sometimes the wireless version works better than the usb version and vice versa.

Also are you positive your PC doesn't see the phone? My work PC doesn't do the whole File, AutoRun, Media choice thing when it's plugged in - the phone shows up silently in My Computer.

ferndog75

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I guess you're using the toolkit from that guy at xda. In general for Verizon phones I would avoid any toolkits other than what the specifc Verizon rom developers and of course the Verizon unlock devs put out there. I would always get my the latest drivers from Samsung itself if possible and Odin only from where I could run an md5 on it. Sometimes people say they just what you did that they could connect once but after that they had to find a different cable or use a different PC. Of course now that you have unlocked you only want to run Odin if you are trying to return you phone for warranty/insurance purposes. And read up carefully on what it takes. You don't even need Odin to run the stock 4.1.2 because the Bean's developer created a stock 4.1.2 rom for phones with unlocked bootloaders. You may have to reinstall drivers numerous times and try different cables and PCs. Since you have root you could use Root Explorer or ES File Explorer (I like the first better) and copy internal phone files to you external SD card and then read the card in a PC. Also have you tried to install the latest Kies app from Samsung and see if you can see you files? Sometimes the wireless version works better than the usb version and vice versa.

What do you mean that it shows up on your PC "silently". When I plug it in my PC it just says "Samsung Android Device". It use to say the name of my device before this all happened. When it did recognize my phone I would be able to see it being recognized. Now I don't see it at all!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

universeand

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean that it shows up on your PC "silently". When I plug it in my PC it just says "Samsung Android Device". It use to say the name of my device before this all happened. When it did recognize my phone I would be able to see it being recognized. Now I don't see it at all!
Silently as in no message box pops up. After plugging in your phone it just appears in Windows file explorer.