jumping ship from webOS

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums....What carrier do you have?
By the way honeycomb is for tablets and there's no real answer if it will be available on phones.

kinster02

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC and the Android army recruit...I left the webOS world on Evo launch day. I would wait until after MWC to see what new devices are coming out.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Right now the Evo is probably their best phone but like mentioned above wait if you can... they should be announcing new devices soon.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If you want something now, then Evo or Evo Shift. But if you are not upgrading now then I would wait to see what comes out.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi, pobreyfeo.

Welcome to the beginning of a new adventure. Welcome to
android_central_logo.png
enjoy the forum. :D

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to Android, but I thought that Matias Duarte (formerly of Palm) said on Engadget that Honeycomb was going to come to phones at some point?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
They still haven't even released Gingerbread yet. Its speculated that some of Honeycombs features will be implemented into some update down the road but it will be called Icecream Sandwich.

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Hmm all these monikers for android releases are giving me a headache. lol

I too am now jumping ship. On sprint and have to use my upgrade by April 1. I heard the Evo had problems with voice dialing. Is this true?

kittykatta#AC

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Im jumping ship from the Pre too. I was actually going to switch to Verizon for the iPhone but the Sprint rep convinced me to try an Epic for 30 days first. WOW!. I was a launch day Pre user and have no idea why I waited so long in putting up with such a crappy phone. Android is extrmely impressive and tied with my Sprint plan (which is heavily discounted after 10yrs of service) then I'm going Android this gen.

BUT... as nice as the Epic and EVO are, they are old phones in the Android world so waiting for the upcoming Cell conferences is the smartest thing to do. I just hope something comes out soon cuz my 30 days is almost up which means I have to go back to the Pre. (ugh)

jedicide

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi folks. I'm another person contemplating the switch from WebOS to Android. I'm working on getting up to speed before I can make the big jump over in a couple months.
Is there a FAQ for WebOS users on AC? I currently have a Sprint Pre with Preware installed and several patches and homebrew apps installed, so I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, so to speak. lol

TIA

sphere79

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually not in a super hurry to bail, I have a bit of time. I'm coming from a Pre+, and I will most likely stay with Verizon - assuming "the network" can handle all of those ******* iphones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubbers