just a few questions

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I rooted my phone and am running the official EB01, not the superclean or anything simply because of preference I guess, call me crazy but I simply like a lot of the samsung things i get with my phone, also like my lock screen and my phone to look like a samsung not a droid. However what I would like to know is how do I get rid of the things I don't want (bing, kindle, blockbuster and the others I don't use), also how do I "clock" ( I think thats what you call it) my phone to make it faster and less the lag i get sometimes?

gunnermike53

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I rooted my phone and am running the official EB01, not the superclean or anything simply because of preference I guess, call me crazy but I simply like a lot of the samsung things i get with my phone, also like my lock screen and my phone to look like a samsung not a droid. However what I would like to know is how do I get rid of the things I don't want (bing, kindle, blockbuster and the others I don't use), also how do I "clock" ( I think thats what you call it) my phone to make it faster and less the lag i get sometimes?

you can get all that stuff with a super clean rom. flash the super clean rom and the flash the stuff you want back.

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, I went with the superclean and I nothing was the same I even only had 5 homescreens, I don't understand how to get all the stuff back though gunner, I really like the 3d app drawer thing how do i get that in my version. I have no problem going to superclean if i can figure out whats what and how to get my samsung widgets back and seven homescreens, also to go to superclean again do I have to do a data wipe again? i am running EB01

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
thanks droid, are you saying flash superclean than that or just flash that now?

oh i thought you were already on superclean, yeah IF you want superclean flash it , then flash that file with clockwork it will give you the launcher and widgets according to adrynalyne..

also if you want to adjust homes screens you can always use launcher pro

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
how do you use launcher pro, do I have to delete the default launcher if so how, and im not sure i want superclean, im really liking my official EB01, only want to delete a couple apps, tried renaming them and my file explorer app won't let me, do i need to pay for the root explorer to do that. Also just want my phone to run quicker without the lag. Would you suggest the superclean because I really like the things i have now... and i think when i went to the superclean b4 downloading the launcher is what bricked my phone because it kept asking me what launcher to use till it froze and then would start up again, To put EB01 back on the phone with odin...... Also i switched computers to my laptop, where can i find odin again to download it.

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Buy Root Explorer, it will rename.

If you run 7 screens and a bunch of widgets I'm not surprised you see lag. Not to mention touchwiz launcher is junk.

You won't be able to use samsung widgets in launcher pro though.

vi3tboiii54

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
whoa easy there shooter one at a time

how do you use launcher pro, do I have to delete the default launcher if so how

What do you mean by how to use it in what way? Launcher pro offers customization in your homescreens, widgets, transition effects, app drawer, memory settings, and the ability to back it all up via SD card. I just left the launcher that came with SC 2.4 on there and run LP as default.

im really liking my official EB01, only want to delete a couple apps, tried renaming them and my file explorer app won't let me, do i need to pay for the root explorer to do that.

Buy root explorer go into /system/app and enable r/w at the upper right hand top, I suggest naming them to apk.old which renders that file as non existing.

Would you suggest the superclean because I really like the things i have now... and i think when i went to the superclean b4 downloading the launcher is what bricked my phone because it kept asking me what launcher to use till it froze and then would start up again

Stock EB01 has all the bloatware on it, with superclean most of it is gone already unless you want to go through all your files and pick out the ones that you dont want running. When you first install superclean it willl come with the stock adw launcher with no customization options. Install launcher pro on there, press the home soft button, and it will prompt you do which launcher you want to run as default. As NOsquid mentioned running a bunch of widgets and homescreens will lag often so cut back on the amount you have.

Also i switched computers to my laptop, where can i find odin again to download it.

Odin3_v1.3.exe

kapsiakchris

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
whoa there buddy just answer all my questions why don't you..... lol no really thanks yall are awesome on here not making fun of newbie like me just helping me out..... one last question, like i said i already have the EB01 running and red cwm so to start with superclean do i have to factory reset again? or can i just clear cache download the zip for adreylaine and then flash it via cvm

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
whoa there buddy just answer all my questions why don't you..... lol no really thanks yall are awesome on here not making fun of newbie like me just helping me out..... one last question, like i said i already have the EB01 running and red cwm so to start with superclean do i have to factory reset again? or can i just clear cache download the zip for adreylaine and then flash it via cvm

and can i just scan that barcode via google goggles and download it right to my phone?

No need to wipe data/factory reset going from one version of EB01 to another. Adrynalyne has also said a wipe of cache & dalvik cache shouldn't be necessary either. So you can just download the zip and flash it via cwm. Some people will wipe cache and dalvik just to be safe.