Just found the deal of the century on a brand new Nexus 6p 64g!!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
What exactly enables the 6p to out perform other devices that run the 810? I remember the 6p being so smooth with zero lag and pretty much performing much like a 820 easily. I also remember that it did not have any over heating issues either. Could it be due to Huawei producing the phone or is there a specific internal software change to the 6p that enables it to out perform other devices with the 810. For a long while I actually thought the 6p ran a 820 up until about 5 months ago and I was quite shocked to find that out. My new 6p is set to arrive tomorrow and I have two skins and a skinomi screen protector on the way as well for it. I always liked the Skinomi liquid glass screen protectors as I typically use them on all of my devices.
Doubt it has anything to do with Huawei manufacturing the 6P. Don't think they did anything special like change the file system to F2FS. The 6P is using the 2.1 version of the 810 which is supposed to improve throttling and overall performance. This suggests that Qualcomm knew something wasn't right with the 810. Even the 6P has been known to overheat during heavy gaming and limit performance with aggressive throttling. Running stock Android does seem to make a significant difference compared to some of the bloated ROMs with aggressive RAM management. I remember the Moto G I had performed better than some phones with better specs.

I also use skins on most of my phones. Still have the dbrand white carbon skin on the back with matte black on camera visor. Works great with the RhinoShield bumper. Probably won't use a skin on the 3T since it makes the phone a bit too thick to fit 100% in OnePlus case.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Doubt it has anything to do with Huawei manufacturing the 6P. Don't think they did anything special like change the file system to F2FS. The 6P is using the 2.1 version of the 810 which is supposed to improve throttling and overall performance. This suggests that Qualcomm knew something wasn't right with the 810. Even the 6P has been known to overheat during heavy gaming and limit performance with aggressive throttling. Running stock Android does seem to make a significant difference compared to some of the bloated ROMs with aggressive RAM management. I remember the Moto G I had performed better than some phones with better specs.

I also use skins on most of my phones. Still have the dbrand white carbon skin on the back with matte black on camera visor. Works great with the RhinoShield bumper. Probably won't use a skin on the 3T since it makes the phone a bit too thick to fit 100% in OnePlus case.
Is the one plus a thick phone? I just received my 6p in today and I've already updated to Oreo! I've got two skins coming for it now. One of them is a dbrand. The other is mighty skins. This phone is so awesome. I love it. Best Android phone I've used to date. So far it's charging fast. It was of course totally dead from never being used ever. I'm at about 50 percent how. Is there a way to show the battery percentage up top?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
My Oreo update was waiting on me after I charged the phone up as it was dead from just sitting in the box for all this time. I got the 64g frost white color. I've got those Red skins coming for it and I think I'm going to order one more from dbrand in blue or orange. Can't decide. The good thing is that they are easy to change out from time to time. I don't like using cases but I know I should with this 6p being brand new. I'm just going to rock the skin though I think.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Settings -> Battery -> Battery percentage
Got it! Thanks man. I actually found it earlier. Oreo changed the settings all up and I couldn't find it at first. Finally I found it. Man I'm loving this phone! I could have gotten the Pixel XL for $300 but I just like the Nexus 6p better. Plus I was looking for a larger screen device for movies and media and the 6p has the 5.7 inch display. It makes a difference. I know that pixel deal was good too but to me the Pixel is just a tweaked version of the 6p to be honest. I know the Pixel will receive updates longer but still to date out of all the Android phones I've been through, the Nexus 6p has always been my favorite Android device I've ever used. Heck for a long time I actually thought the 6p had a 820 processor bc it performed so fast. Not until about 5 months ago did I pay enough attention and realize it had the 810 in it. The one I owned before was the 32g in silver. This one I just got is the 64g in frost white which I like but it'll be covered up soon anyway with a skin.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Is the one plus a thick phone? I just received my 6p in today and I've already updated to Oreo! I've got two skins coming for it now. One of them is a dbrand. The other is mighty skins. This phone is so awesome. I love it. Best Android phone I've used to date. So far it's charging fast. It was of course totally dead from never being used ever. I'm at about 50 percent how. Is there a way to show the battery percentage up top?
The 3T isn't very thick. It's thinner than the 6P with a slight camera bump. The official OnePlus Kevlar case makes it about as thick as the 6P with no case.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The 3T isn't very thick. It's thinner than the 6P with a slight camera bump. The official OnePlus Kevlar case makes it about as thick as the 6P with no case.
Oh it's pretty thin then. The 6p isn't very thick itself. I'm going to have to try out a one plus pretty soon. Probably the one plus 3t will be the one I go for.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I saw where the one plus 5 is about to be released. Is that right? That was a monster in specs!! I'm going to have to try a one plus now.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I saw where the one plus 5 is about to be released. Is that right? That was a monster in specs!! I'm going to have to try a one plus now.
The OP5 was released in June. It has SD 835, dual camera and same display as 3T. Theres a 8 GB RAM option. They do have a special edition version designed by a fashion designer that will be available soon. It's black, has different colored buttons (red, yellow, blue) and has cursive writing on the back. I think it looks weird but some will like it.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The OP5 was released in June. It has SD 835, dual camera and same display as 3T. Theres a 8 GB RAM option. They do have a special edition version designed by a fashion designer that will be available soon. It's black, has different colored buttons (red, yellow, blue) and has cursive writing on the back. I think it looks weird but some will like it.
I'd actually have interest in that one to be honest because of the different colors on it. Sounds like it will be cool. So is there not much difference between the 3t and ,5? What is the 3t running?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'd actually have interest in that one to be honest because of the different colors on it. Sounds like it will be cool. So is there not much difference between the 3t and ,5? What is the 3t running?

Phone Arena has some pics of the limited edition OP5.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/One...-goes-on-sale-in-Paris-September-22nd_id98222

The main difference is the SD 835 (3T has SD 821), the dual camera, BT 5.0, WiFi chip and the 8 GB RAM option. The screen is the same and both have the same DASH charging which is really fast.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Phone Arena has some pics of the limited edition OP5.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/One...-goes-on-sale-in-Paris-September-22nd_id98222

The main difference is the SD 835 (3T has SD 821), the dual camera, BT 5.0, WiFi chip and the 8 GB RAM option. The screen is the same and both have the same DASH charging which is really fast.
I like it but I'm not a fan of the writing on the phone though. If that was just a regular matte black or I could get the phone in Red I'd be all over that. Especially if it came in Red. That's why I have two Red skins on the way for my 6p right now. I think I'm going to order a orange and a blue skin too now.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just watched a speed test between the one plus 3t and Nexus 6p and the 3t was noticably faster. That's an impressive device indeed. Although I still like the 6p better from how it looks and the 5.7 inch quad display the one plus has now gotten my attention. The one plus 5 is going to be a beast! 835 Snapdragon with what 8gs of ram?!!! That's insane. I bet that phone will blow others out of the water.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I just watched a speed test between the one plus 3t and Nexus 6p and the 3t was noticably faster. That's an impressive device indeed. Although I still like the 6p better from how it looks and the 5.7 inch quad display the one plus has now gotten my attention. The one plus 5 is going to be a beast! 835 Snapdragon with what 8gs of ram?!!! That's insane. I bet that phone will blow others out of the water.
The OnePlus 5 looks super fast in all the reviews and speed tests. Clearly faster than the S8 and S8 Plus.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The OnePlus 5 looks super fast in all the reviews and speed tests. Clearly faster than the S8 and S8 Plus.
Yeah it looks super clean too. I wish it came in a 5.7 like the 6p. I just like the idea of one smaller one handed device and my second phone to be a larger media device which 5.5 isn't bad but you can definitely tell a difference between 5.5 and 5.7.