Just found the deal of the century on a brand new Nexus 6p 64g!!

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it looks super clean too. I wish it came in a 5.7 like the 6p. I just like the idea of one smaller one handed device and my second phone to be a larger media device which 5.5 isn't bad but you can definitely tell a difference between 5.5 and 5.7.
The big screen is one of the main reasons I still have the Nexus 6. The 6" screen is great for videos.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
The big screen is one of the main reasons I still have the Nexus 6. The 6" screen is great for videos.
Motorola made that Nexus didn't they? How's the resolution on that device. Anything like the 6p? 6 inches is almost like a small tablet! That's huge and I bet it is great for movies. That's one of the main reasons I like the 6p so much. 5.5 isn't bad but 5.7 or larger is a lot better for media.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Motorola made that Nexus didn't they? How's the resolution on that device. Anything like the 6p? 6 inches is almost like a small tablet! That's huge and I bet it is great for movies. That's one of the main reasons I like the 6p so much. 5.5 isn't bad but 5.7 or larger is a lot better for media.
Yeah, Motorola made the N6. It's pretty impressive for a phone released in 2014. I could still use it as my daily driver if I had to. Both the 6 and 6P have QHD displays. The N6 is great for watching movies with the big Amoled screen and dual front speakers. Only issue is in direct sunlight since it doesn't get very bright.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, Motorola made the N6. It's pretty impressive for a phone released in 2014. I could still use it as my daily driver if I had to. Both the 6 and 6P have QHD displays. The N6 is great for watching movies with the big Amoled screen and dual front speakers. Only issue is in direct sunlight since it doesn't get very bright.
The brightness you speak of, is that for all the Nexus devices or just one in particular? Seems like the 6p could be a little more brighter than it is. Yeah I can only imagine that 6 inch screen size would be killer for movies and media. Plus Motorola makes a very good product and so does Huawei.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The brightness you speak of, is that for all the Nexus devices or just one in particular? Seems like the 6p could be a little more brighter than it is. Yeah I can only imagine that 6 inch screen size would be killer for movies and media. Plus Motorola makes a very good product and so does Huawei.
I think it's just the N6 that has a major brightness issue. The 6P could be a bit brighter but it's still quite a bit brighter than the N6 which doesn't even approach 300 nits at max brightness. It's a real problem for visibility on sunny days. Most Nexus devices don't have a brightness issue. The 4, 5, 5x, Pixel and Pixel XL get brighter than the 6P which has decent max brightness.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I think it's just the N6 that has a major brightness issue. The 6P could be a bit brighter but it's still quite a bit brighter than the N6 which doesn't even approach 300 nits at max brightness. It's a real problem for visibility on sunny days. Most Nexus devices don't have a brightness issue. The 4, 5, 5x, Pixel and Pixel XL get brighter than the 6P which has decent max brightness.
Yeah I knew the Pixel XL got brighter than the 6p did but the others I wasn't sure about. I've always thought the Pixel to be nothing more than a tweaked version of the 6p though and then put Google's name on it and charge almost double the price.

dandaman96

Dec 18, 2009
Visit site
When you do have battery trouble, don't expect any help from Google or Huawei. I'm on my second 6P for the same battery issue. Google told me that would do nothing to fix their problem this time around, and Huawei wants me to pay to have this defective phone replaced by what is likely another defective phone.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
When you do have battery trouble, don't expect any help from Google or Huawei. I'm on my second 6P for the same battery issue. Google told me that would do nothing to fix their problem this time around, and Huawei wants me to pay to have this defective phone replaced by what is likely another defective phone.
Did your 6p originally come from the Google store. From what I have researched is if your 6p was purchased through the Google store that they most likely will replace it with a pixel XL. I've read that on more than several occasions. My phone came from the Google store and if I do encounter the battery issues some are getting then I'm definitely shooting to have mine replaced with a 128g pixel XL since my 6p is a 64g. I hope that I don't have battery issues as I like the 6p ten times better than I do the Pixel XL. The dual front firing stereo speakers. The 5.7 inch quad hd display. The highly unique design of the Nexus 6p makes the Pixel very ugly. Sure the Pixel is a good device but it's just not really all that better than the 6p I don't think. In fact for the money the 6p is a better device. There is no way what little changes that were made on the Pixel XL compared to the Nexus 6p is worth an extra $350 dollars. I'm not buying that. That is strictly due to google putting their name on the tweaked version of the 6p and charging $800 for it. That is most definitely what is going on here. Plus if I'm going to get a larger screen phone I'd rather it be 5.7 inches instead of 5.5 inches which is what I do. I always have one smaller screen device and one larger screen device which the larger screen being my second device and not my daily driver. If I were to get a pixel it would definitely be the 5 inch model as that is the perfect size phone to me personally for one handed use. So if my battery does go bad I'll be shooting for a 5 inch pixel instead of the XL.