Just got Evo lots of questions need help!

seraphemz

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
This is what a typical day is like for me and my Evo.

-Drive to work I'm streaming news over 3G to my car speakers
-At work Im streaming Pandora over 3G to my bluetooth headphones.
-Meanwhile, Im receving work e-mails left/right.

By the time lunch rolls around my battery is at 42% from all the activity

-continue streaming music until quitting time
-stream news radio on the way home..

I will walk in the door at 20% battery if not lower at times depending on how often I was reading news sites on my break.

How do you stream the news to your car speakers?

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
New EVO owner with some questions myself

A new EVO owner here. Some questions to which I can't seem to find the answers...

1. When sending texts, Emails, etc., do I have to press the "123" key to switch to the 123 mode from the ABC mode in order to use symbols like "!", "?", "@", etc.? This is a real pain in the @ss.

2. How do I forward an SMS msg to another SMS recipient?

3. Is there a notification light, like there was on the BlackBerrys, to let me know when I got a new Email or SMS/MMS message? I realize I can have notification sounds for these, but this isn't always practical, like when the phone's charging on my night stand while I sleep.

4. For some odd reason, there is an old Email sitting in my main Email box. I have deleted that God knows how many times, yet every time new Emails come in, that dang, old Email is there right along with them. It's at the bottom of the in box as an old, read Email. I delete it--again--and it reappears when a new Email arrives, usually within minutes. (I even deleted this Email from my Email account's server, but that didn't work.) Anyone have any ideas?

5. I disabled the screen lock feature that requires me to scroll down to unlock the screen when it comes out of sleep mode, but I'm still being required to scroll down to unlock. Did I not do something right?

6. Is there an autotext feature where I can add words to a dictionary so that when I type, say a specific 3- or 4- or 5-letter "abbreviation," the full word or words will then be magically typed? For example, when I wanted "Blackhawks" to appear on my Tour, I typed "bhawks" because I entered this setting into my Tour's Autotext dictionary. I'd type "wsox" to get "White Sox" to appear, etc.

I think that's all the immediate questions I have. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

copperavery

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Home owners

Well i have done a good amount of research and went with this phone. Got it today from radio shack. Here are my questions:

Which insurance would you go with, sprint is 7 a month plus 100 deductible and that covers stolen or lost phones. Radio shack is 125 for 2 year warrenty the lady said everything is covered with no deductible but i need to make sure its for stolen and lost ones too. Which one would you guys go with?

My awake time is 1 hour 46 minutes and the up time is 6 hours and 06 minutes my question is why isnt the phone sleeping? The only thing i have installed is spareparts.

Also if i go to battery usage the android system is 94% i have barely used this thing today, sent out maybe 50 texts, went on facebook twice and downloaded 1 app. I have wifi off, 3g off, mobile data off, background data off, no BT, just wondering why its like this, i currently have around 70% battery life with 6 hours being unplugged.

I didn't see much about insurance, on this thread, but I bought a rider on my home owners insurance for less than $25 per year for lost or stolen phone. Renewable, but in another year, I probably won't, I'll get another phone.

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
If you've read the fine print and the Radio Shack girl is correct then clearly their insurance is a better deal. As for purchasing, are you clumsy or not?

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g/40822-doh.html

Which insurance would you go with, sprint is 7 a month plus 100 deductible and that covers stolen or lost phones. Radio shack is 125 for 2 year warrenty the lady said everything is covered with no deductible but i need to make sure its for stolen and lost ones too. Which one would you guys go with?

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
A new EVO owner here. Some questions to which I can't seem to find the answers...

1. When sending texts, Emails, etc., do I have to press the "123" key to switch to the 123 mode from the ABC mode in order to use symbols like "!", "?", "@", etc.? This is a real pain in the @ss.

Just long press on the letter which contains the symbol you want and it will change automatically.

2. How do I forward an SMS msg to another SMS recipient?
Again long press on the text in the message and a box with that option will pop up.

3. Is there a notification light, like there was on the BlackBerrys, to let me know when I got a new Email or SMS/MMS message? I realize I can have notification sounds for these, but this isn't always practical, like when the phone's charging on my night stand while I sleep.

Not that I've discovered

4. For some odd reason, there is an old Email sitting in my main Email box. I have deleted that God knows how many times, yet every time new Emails come in, that dang, old Email is there right along with them. It's at the bottom of the in box as an old, read Email. I delete it--again--and it reappears when a new Email arrives, usually within minutes. (I even deleted this Email from my Email account's server, but that didn't work.) Anyone have any ideas?
IDK but this use to happen with my Tour did you try a battery pull?

5. I disabled the screen lock feature that requires me to scroll down to unlock the screen when it comes out of sleep mode, but I'm still being required to scroll down to unlock. Did I not do something right?
Not sure what you mean on this one?

6. Is there an autotext feature where I can add words to a dictionary so that when I type, say a specific 3- or 4- or 5-letter "abbreviation," the full word or words will then be magically typed? For example, when I wanted "Blackhawks" to appear on my Tour, I typed "bhawks" because I entered this setting into my Tour's Autotext dictionary. I'd type "wsox" to get "White Sox" to appear, etc.
I know the stock keyboard will automatically start to add words to the dictionary the more you use them so when you start typing it will predict what your gonna say might have to try another keyboard for autotext don't know of any off hand

I think that's all the immediate questions I have. Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Scroll up for answers hope I've helped some.

anon(67326)

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Yes, there are actually 2 LED notification lights. The main is on the left side of the speaker and can't be adjusted using settings - display - notification flash.

The lesser known LED is on the right and to my knowledge can only be used by a non-market app called Wimax Notifier...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fatiko