just got my galaxy s7!

natehartey12

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
This phone is freakishly fast. The only thing I'm worried about is this bigger battery seems to drain just as fast as my s6 but takes longer to charge.

Posted via the Android Central App

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
T-Mobile is notorious for crappy battery life on android, at least in my personal experience. Had an S6 on both T-Mobile and ATT and the difference was insane.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is notorious for crappy battery life on android, at least in my personal experience. Had an S6 on both T-Mobile and ATT and the difference was insane.

Probably because you got a crappy T-Mobile signal where you live/work and get a good AT&T signal. This most likely has nothing to do with the actual phone variant.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
To test your battery life, you should setup your phone completely, that is, install all the apps, set wallpapers, icons etc., etc. Then restart, clear cache, get it to full charge, and keep using it for a week.

Initial setup, be it network or apps or home screen or accounts - is prone to drain your battery.

Andy205

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
There is a huge battery drain problem on Galaxy S7's.

THE PROBLEM IS THE RECENT SOFTWARE UPDATE!!!!!

I have been trolling the web for DAYS to find out what was wrong with my S7 that I got 5 days ago. Especially after reading all the rave reviews about the battery life. I had updated the software the day I got it and my S7 was always hot and would not last for 6 hours even when I did nothing with it. I was not happy.

Everyone is talking about managing apps, and wifi connections, and clearing the ram and rebooting and on and on and on. If you are trying to tweak your S7 to be the most battery efficient ever, then those things will work. I did all this and it didn't fix it.

I RELUCTANTLY took advice from a someone (wish I could thank them) somewhere on the 100 threads I read and factory reset the phone which I did NOT want to do. Since I went back to the out of the box software, my phone has been running with all options turned on and nothing optimized. (as I should be able to do.)

Since I factory reset it, my S7 has been running for 20+ hours with moderate usage and my battery is at 71%......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a Snapdragon U.S. Cellular S7 on 4GLTE.

I will not be updating my system software until there is an acknowledged fix for this (or I have no choice)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC