Just got the 2.0.1 Update OTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

j7469

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Ok...according to my buddy at VZW tech support the update is rolling out as follows......@ noon today it went out to a 1000 people, @ midnight it will be pushed out to 9000 more, then every 48 hours it will be pushed out to 10,000 people and finally on day 3 it will be pushed out to 200,000 people a day until it is pushed out to everyone. He did not however know who was getting it when, he said it appeared to have no rhyme or reason to who gets it when.

Motorola DROID OTA schedule ? Boy Genius Report

OK so after the initial 10,000 at 200K a day it will take 4 days to get all 800,000 units sold (at least that's the number I read as being sold)

Last edited:

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I hope its there when I wake up in the morning. I wonder why they are slowly rolling it out? Apple and RIM don't do this, they just let everyone download it right away.

I spoke to a VZW rep and they're rolling it out based on height and hair color.:p

RYNO13

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
I got the update and now my camera doesn't work

I got the update, took a couple pictures to see if the camera loaded faster, it does! Now (a few hours after the update) my camera doesn't work. It opens up and the screen is just black

hotelmode

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I got the update, took a couple pictures to see if the camera loaded faster, it does! Now (a few hours after the update) my camera doesn't work. It opens up and the screen is just black

Turn some lights on.

Just kidding. Hope this isn't a big bug that effects a lot of people.

RYNO13

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
i downloaded anicamera trial and for some reason that screwed up my camera (even if i wasn't using the program) deleted it and now camera works again. I'm hoping thats all it was. I'll keep everyone updated.

briankeith513

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I hope its there when I wake up in the morning. I wonder why they are slowly rolling it out? Apple and RIM don't do this, they just let everyone download it right away.

Actually, RIM does do this, and they've done it like that with my Storm. And Apple does their update through Itunes, not ota.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
By the way, I'm curious to see how this update affects the battery life. I personally haven't had too much of an issue with my battery, but I'm curious to see how much it actually improves battery life.

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
1. RIM doesnt push updates at all, the carrier does
2. Blackberry updates are just available and you dont get notified unless you look or connect to Desktop Manager
3. I am not sure of the numbers but since RIM has so many different devices you dont have such a huge number trying to download at the same time

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking forward to the update but would be more excited if it included multitouch enhancements to browser or keyboard or home screen improvements like the ability to use in landscape mode.

Mostly looking forward to battery and camera improvements on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky