just got the turbo 2

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got the droid turbo 2! Traded an iPhone 6s 16gb for it. I also have a nexus 6p and LG v10. Gotta figure out which device to get rid of. I'm curious if any of you are running other launchers because so far I hate how large the icons are and only 4 apps per row. The phone is fast and seems like a brick though which I like, same as the v10. But on these forums I'm reading so many negatives... Did I make the right choice here?

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What launchers have you tried on your 6P and V10? Perhaps you could try the same ones on your Turbo 2 and see how you like it if it's set up the same as the other 2 devices you have.

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
What launchers have you tried on your 6P and V10? Perhaps you could try the same ones on your Turbo 2 and see how you like it if it's set up the same as the other 2 devices you have.

Nova. Just downloaded it. Much much better looking (I love that cool clock widget I was afraid of losing it but it's still with Nova). I didn't like the look of the turbo 2 a whole lot. Mainly because I traded my iPhone for a regular soft grip black. Boring. I just ordered ballistic nylon red blue and brown/beige. Any other things I can order to customize this device? Really want to have a dark blue / maroon back cover replacement and a gold oval thing whatever it's called. Not looking for cases only part replacements. Thanks. Otherwise the phone has been awesome it's so fast. Camera kind-of sucks though. Any tips?

pawdog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Nova Launcher has been my default launcher for years. I don't even play with others any more. I don't know what kind of negative things you have read about the T2 but I absolutely adore mine. I don't have 5 different phones side by side to compare it to.

Big beautiful screen, battery lasts all day, fast, responsive and powerful. Not sure what a phone could do better. I don't care about cell phone photography but the camera is good I guess for a phone point and shoot.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up my DT2 today. I have my dad my Note 5 for his birthday since he has been wanting one and I switched back to my iPhone 6s plus. Well while at the Verizon store activating the Note for him I was checking out the DT2. Fantastic device.

First thing that stood out for me was the big quality. I had the official turbo but the build on this one was fantastic. I looked at all the custom options but honestly I fell in love with the plain black soft grip version myself. Love the feel and colors. Very impressed so far.

So far this phone flies. Got it all set up.

Anyway I thought I would stop in and say hello.

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Got my D2 about a month ago. Haven't even looked at my Iphone 6S + since. D2 is seriously good. The only negative seems to be their customer service. Hope my D2 doesn't break.

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I agree other, then the charger that came with it going bad and Motorala not helping me with a replacement, Verizon did, give me one no cost it has been an excellent reliable device all around in the 3 months I have owned it

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Try Action Launcher 3. Very fast and light and has the ability to customize the size of the icons to any scale you wish. Have used Action Launcher as my only Launcher for years.

Lantazd

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I've had my dt2 about a month (coming from a Samsung s6) and I'm so happy with this phone. Usually get Motorola's but I wanted to have a pretty phone. I realized that the pretty phone wasn't that good and here I am! Loooooove that battery. I can get from 7am until about 9 or 10pm and be at 20-30%. The camera? I love it!! Got great pics of my boy in the blizzard in NJ and I took then from inside! All around great phone.

twojosh

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got the droid turbo 2! Traded an iPhone 6s 16gb for it. I also have a nexus 6p and LG v10. Gotta figure out which device to get rid of. I'm curious if any of you are running other launchers because so far I hate how large the icons are and only 4 apps per row. The phone is fast and seems like a brick though which I like, same as the v10. But on these forums I'm reading so many negatives... Did I make the right choice here?

Let us know how the v10 battery compares to the turbo 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech