Just rooted my phone,now what?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
as far as ive read, you get the updates but they remove root permissions so you gota root again.
i wouldnt swear by that though brer

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I havent rooted my gs3 so im unsure but i have rooted my other phones and was really easy to unroot...as far as ota updates i would unfreeze then unroot then perform the update just to be safe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Oh ok, thx

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
as far as ive read, you get the updates but they remove root permissions so you gota root again.
i wouldnt swear by that though brer

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

That doesn't seem bad at all, because rooting today was pretty simple after following a video, im sure I could pull it off again

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, is titanium backup pro the only way to do a batch backup?

Also, would it batch restore as well?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
think MyBackup Pro does batch mate

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
think MyBackup Pro does batch mate

If I don't backup my apps before I rom, can I just download them from then Google play store and amazon app store when I finish?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah mate but youll lose all their settings (just make sure the rom contains google apps, Gapps)
what rom you puttin on?

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
yeah mate but youll lose all their settings (just make sure the rom contains google apps, Gapps)
what rom you puttin on?

I'm not sure yet, not even sure when I will rom but I'm thinking that cm10 with jelly bean

It seems super fast and it has a nice notification bar

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yeah duno if id go for Cyanogen or a vanilla rom.
ive never used cyanogen on any of my phones.
u doin it tonight man? is this ur 1st time flashing? its quite a buzz when you reboot and its worked :)
your in the top 5 posters with me and Mango btw lol :)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
yeah duno if id go for Cyanogen or a vanilla rom.
ive never used cyanogen on any of my phones.
u doin it tonight man? is this ur 1st time flashing? its quite a buzz when you reboot and its worked :)
your in the top 5 posters with me and Mango btw lol :)

I'll probably do it some times this week, gunna check on some other roms on YouTube first

Yea, it will be my first time flashing a rom
I had no idea I was a top 5 poster, lol, that's awesome, congratulations to all of us

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Taking forever to copy this damn clockworkmod backup to my computer this thing is stuck at the 'calculating time required to copy files' screen

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just did it :) and wow its beautiful and fast but I cannot find the unknown sources option,does anyone know where it might be ?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ahhh missed so much. Lol. What rom did you end up downloading? On Sprint right?

I'm running FreeGS3 and couldn't be happier

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky