Just Upgraded to Optimus G Pro, Looking For A Case.

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Just got this phone yesterday and I'm loving it. I switched from Verizon to AT&T and went from an HTC Droid Incredible (First one, not the second or 4G edition) and I'm extremely happy, the phone is fast, responsive and the screen is just gorgeous.

The only thing is, I need a case for it. Can anyone help? I'm liking the one made by LG, that covers the screen but I'm not wanting to spend $50 on a case....well I can't, not right now at least. I know it sounds cheap but I'm looking to spend between $9-15 on a case. I'd like something protects it from drops, scratches, dings etc while having a screen cover/flip screen cover. Any thoughts or ideas? I'm willing to settle on just regular flip cover if someone can link me to a decent one, I just wanna keep my new phone safe and looking good for the years to come.

Also, I almost went with a Nokia Lumia 920 instead of the G Pro, so glad I didn't

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine on thursday and i ordered the LG Folio case ATT had on the website with mine it actually looks nice love it and the phone is great never through i would say that as i was not a fan of giant phones until now.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Guess not a lot of people have experience with cases for this phone since it's so lacking in options.

I just bought a cheap TPU case that came with a basic screen protector off Amazon until more options appear

Sent from my LG Optimus G Pro.

akuma13

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I just went ahead and ordered the Amazon.com: Nillkin V Style Mix Flip PU Leather Cover PC Hard Case for LG Optimus G Pro: Cell Phones & Accessories . I got it, some screen protectors and a case for my new Kindle. I guess if no one has used a case like this, I'll give my review on it after I get it and test it out, in case anyone else is interested in the same case.

That case looks bloody awesome. I'm tempted to get it but I really wish it had a cut out for the notification light. I'll stay tuned for your review.

LG Optimus G Pro

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
That case looks bloody awesome. I'm tempted to get it but I really wish it had a cut out for the notification light. I'll stay tuned for your review.

LG Optimus G Pro

Should be here by the 11th. I'm a little bothered by the lack of the cutout too, if I can figure out how, I might add one myself. I'm just hoping the case is strong and durable and that it stays shut as I've seen that some of the similar cases lose their ability to stay shut after so long. The only thing that would make this case perfect, to me, is if it had the notification cut out, a screen cut out to show you the clock/weather widget so you didn't have to open the case to check the time and the ability to use the screen off/screen on feature that comes when using a screen cover.

I wanted this one: Amazon.com: Poetic FlipBook Case for LG Optimus G Pro Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic): Cell Phones & Accessories but it wasn't in stock when I ordered, sadly it is now.

Edit: I might get my chance. My order hasn't shipped and the money that was pending from my account for the total order purchase is no longer pending and still all in my account. If it turns out this order is cancelled or whatever, I'll go with the Flipbook Case by Poetic.

Edit 2: Nope, it's on its way and I'll be charged once its left the warehouse, but I did score a credit for free shipping on my next order. :D They even told me it's for anything I order, any type of shipment. Next order I get will be definitely be overnighted. :D :D :D

Last edited:

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Got the case and honestly, it seems pretty cheap. Not sure how the LG Folio case stays shut, was expecting this one to have a magnet to keep it shut, but this thing just flops around. Not only does it flop around, but the materials feel cheap and the case even looks cheap in person. If you're wanting a flip cover case for this phone without buying the LG Folio case, I'd just get a wallet case. As far as "protection" goes, this case will protect the phone from smudges and scratches, but that's about it. I really just got this case to tide me over until I can save up for the LG Folio or someone like Otterbox makes case for it, so I guess it'll do for now. Would I recommend this case to a friend? NO! If you really want a flip case like the Folio but cannot afford it, do what I didn't and go with the Poetic Flipbook case.

akuma13

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Got the case and honestly, it seems pretty cheap. Not sure how the LG Folio case stays shut, was expecting this one to have a magnet to keep it shut, but this thing just flops around. Not only does it flop around, but the materials feel cheap and the case even looks cheap in person. If you're wanting a flip cover case for this phone without buying the LG Folio case, I'd just get a wallet case. As far as "protection" goes, this case will protect the phone from smudges and scratches, but that's about it. I really just got this case to tide me over until I can save up for the LG Folio or someone like Otterbox makes case for it, so I guess it'll do for now. Would I recommend this case to a friend? NO! If you really want a flip case like the Folio but cannot afford it, do what I didn't and go with the Poetic Flipbook case.

Thanks for the review. I think I'll save up and just get the real deal.

LG Optimus G Pro

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I cant find the case offered by LG. Anyone have a link?

Amazon.com: LG Electronics Quick Cover Folio Case for LG Optimus G Pro - 1 Pack - Non-Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Buy me one while you're at it ;)

Thanks for the review. I think I'll save up and just get the real deal.

LG Optimus G Pro

It's no problem. The case isn't that bad, but it's kinda "clumsy" feeling and a lot of the times the front cover feels like it's in the way, even when it's folded behind the phone. The case also doesn't have cutouts for the volume, which makes adjusting the volume feel sort of awkward. I'm not thrilled with the case by no means, but it's better than leaving it naked.

solaris2k

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I just got this phone and I'm disappointed about how little support is offered in terms of available cases. I was a big fan of Otterbox and my last 3 phones had Otterbox cases and it sucks they may never make one for this phone. Here's some cases I've been checking out.

Tough Protective Case for LG Optimus G Pro | Case-Mate
LG Optimus G Pro Ballistic Shell Gel SG Series Case | goballisticcase.com
LG Optimus G Pro Cases - LG Smartphone Cases - Smartphone Cases - Devices

I may be leaning more towards the Ballistic SG. They might tip your budget by a few dollars but I think the added protection is worth it and go for about $22 to $25 with free shipping on ebay.

limitbreak09

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I got the nilkin flip/stand case the other day from amazon for 15 bucks and boy, the flip case is really nice and looks premium too for only 15 bucks!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AC Forums mobile app

AKA_Rizzo

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the Tough Case.

The rubber is slick, Like too slippery. It doesn't offer the grip my Otterboxes of the past did.

I cleaned it with rubbing alcohol thinking some mold release chemical was the problem, Still slippery... Well..it's not rubber grippy.

All the holes line up perfect. But if you have a screen protector, that and the case may fight each other. They made the case almost too slim around the screen. The screen protector I have stops right at the edge of the case. They **** heads.

I would rather have paid $15.00 and not $30.00 for this case, And I have spent near $40 for Otterboxes so I'm no cheap skate.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
The LG Folio case is what I use and its great to me does not feel cheap and when you close it the phone cuts off I do wish it came in other colors but oh well

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Metal Chaos

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
The LG Folio case is what I use and its great to me does not feel cheap and when you close it the phone cuts off I do wish it came in other colors but oh well

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

How does it stay shut? I didn't know if it used a magnet or just gravity or what, been looking for an answer. Also, mine may be a flip case, but sadly it doesn't turn the screen off when you close, wish it did though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe