Just used an HTC One

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Low light maybe, but I'm mostly taking pics of my kids during the day, not my friends in bars. In average lighting the One camera is "meh" based on reviews.

Sure. All the reviews do say the speed of the camera is great for kids in action shots. Talk down the camera all you want, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Sure. All the reviews do say the speed of the camera is great for kids in action shots. Talk down the camera all you want, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I'm not talking it down, just being realistic. In a comparison to the iPhone 5 camera he One's camera isn't as good. Obviously that isn't a huge issue for me or I wouldn't have preordered it.

Aldiggi

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
For those wanting normal daytime shots ...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/gene9u4a.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/repu9aty.jpg

+ a lowish light panoramic of my little project ..

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/amaru3y4.jpg

I cant comment on the iphone 5 comparison but I would expect the iphone to be better from what ive seen of other peoples iphone pics.

Your not going to zoom in and crop down too much with the One's pics due to the 4mp but for everyday pics I think most people will find it fine. I personally have never blown up a photo to A4 size from a phone and printed it off .. thats what real cameras are for ;)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Those pictures look excellent!!! Here are some I took at the att store and mms'd them to my phone. Picture of the one was taken with my 920. Just to compare.
920:
qasymyru.jpg

ONE:
uru6emev.jpg

epunatyg.jpg

Would you mind taking a full range landscape picture?

Sent from my 64gig "New" iPad using Tapatalk

PittsDriver

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Those pictures look excellent!!! Here are some I took at the att store and mms'd them to my phone. Picture of the one was taken with my 920. Just to compare.
920:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/qasymyru.jpg
ONE:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/uru6emev.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/epunatyg.jpg

Would you mind taking a full range landscape picture?

Honestly those pics look great. My iPhone 5 doesn't take the greatest pics, and I would bet it wouldn't stack up to these pics nor surpass them.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
920:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/qasymyru.jpg
ONE:
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/uru6emev.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/14/epunatyg.jpg

It's a shame that the HTC One still has the "warm" look when using auto white balance as in your second pic. Sadly it gets far worse with full incandescent lightning.
The pic of the store is more mixed with florescent lightning and more natural, but that phone pic is just a reminder of It's flaws in white balance...I wish more reviews would test in incandescent lightning when doing low light tests.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

If you keep the ISO on auto, it will choose an ISO slightly higher then other cameras, thus giving you a slightly higher shutter speed for action/kids/pet photos...even in daylight.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I hear its a great phone but do you think it could win phone of the year ? I hear that phone of the year was already given to the S4 by many.

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought it already did. Or was that best looking phone?? Either case I'm impressed with the photos above.
But I don't understand the playground banter that my phone is better than yours. My daughters love their iPhones & their mom already loves the HTC ONE. To each their own-period! And as for the trolling, c'mon I thought there were more adults here....just saying.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Low light maybe, but I'm mostly taking pics of my kids during the day, not my friends in bars. In average lighting the One camera is "meh" based on reviews.

What review? Anandtech showed it was on par if not better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
What review? Anandtech showed it was on par if not better.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Even Brian failed to do a few tests to show the weakness of the One's camera. Do you set up studio lighting to take pics with a cell phone indoors? I know I don't.
So why was he so lazy to just do the vast majority of low light testing with studio lights?

If you're going to test a camera for low light, it might be wise to test under florescent and incandescent lightning...the two types of light the most of us will shoot pics under.

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok, now I gotta get dressed, & got to the AT&T store here in town to check this beauty out for myself. Does anyone know if all AT&T stores have the display or is it just corporate just corporate stores??

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok, now I gotta get dressed, & got to the AT&T store here in town to check this beauty out for myself. Does anyone know if all AT&T stores have the display or is it just corporate just corporate stores??

Mainly Corporate.

HTC One X

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Really think you're gonna like it. Personally I liked the black a lot more. It seemed smoother to the touch for some reason. Plus I liked the black on black. It looked really nice and performance was, well you'll see ;)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Every serious comparison has the iPhone 5 camera at the top of the heap. While I'm really excited to dump my iPhone 4S for the One, the camera is one thing that will most definitely NOT be an upgrade.

Hahaha, what is a "serious comparison"? How does it differ from what influential techies are saying?! Not to mention there were reviewers saying the HTC One had the better camera even before the One received the software update for the camera.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha, what is a "serious comparison"? How does it differ from what influential techies are saying?! Not to mention there were reviewers saying the HTC One had the better camera even before the One received the software update for the camera.
Seriously? Read any of the reviews out there. Apparently the camera is the one weak point on this device. Personally I'm waiting until I can test it out to pass judgement, but the reviews are pretty clear. The camera is average at best. Influential techies opinions mean a lot less to me than reviewers who know what they're talking about. Also, according to the AC review, the mythical camera update was already applied to the device they reviewed. I didn't read a single review that claimed the One's camera was better, overall, than the iPhone 5.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? Read any of the reviews out there. Apparently the camera is the one weak point on this device. Personally I'm waiting until I can test it out to pass judgement, but the reviews are pretty clear. The camera is average at best. Influential techies opinions mean a lot less to me than reviewers who know what they're talking about. Also, according to the AC review, the mythical camera update was already applied to the device they reviewed. I didn't read a single review that claimed the One's camera was better, overall, than the iPhone 5.

Uh... Yes I am serious. Do you expect us to take your opinion over an influential techie? Hahaha, negative! Saying the HTC One has an average camera clearly shows that you are bias.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site

I cannot imagine you would say the iPhone does better in this comparison.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Uh... Yes I am serious. Do you expect us to take your opinion over an influential techie? Hahaha, negative! Saying the HTC One has an average camera clearly shows that you are bias.
Man you need to read a bit better. I said I was reserving judgement until I had my One. I'm not sure who you think an "influential techie" is, but I stick to reviews given by real reviewers from established sources. Find a review where it was stated that the One's camera is better then the iPhone 5.

Awake

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Man you need to read a bit better. I said I was reserving judgement until I had my One. I'm not sure who you think an "influential techie" is, but I stick to reviews given by real reviewers from established sources. Find a review where it was stated that the One's camera is better then the iPhone 5.

You:
Every serious comparison has the iPhone 5 camera at the top of the heap. While I'm really excited to dump my iPhone 4S for the One, the camera is one thing that will most definitely NOT be an upgrade.

You should remember your comments!

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
You:

You should remember your comments!
What are you proving there exactly?

This is pretty straight forward. The iPhone 5 camera is still the best on a mobile phone. Every review of the One stated that. None I read said it beat the iPhone 5. Please show me some that do.

I've honestly never seen such rampant fanboyism that someone will stick their head in the sand to everything that has been stated by reviewers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloThere