Kakaotalk notifications

Reila

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I hope this is okay to ask here..
I got a Galaxy S3 on Saturday, and so far I like it, but I have a problem with my Kakaotalk (it's been mentioned a few times here). I'm having issues with not getting any notifications when I get messages from my friends. I'm supposed to have both a sound, vibration and a popup on new messages (as well as the LED blinking when screen's off), and I don't get any of these on new messages, except when I get a message when I log into Kakaotalk on a computer. Then it all works. Which is pretty useless, I'd like to know when my friends message me. The only way I know is by the small icon in the status bar.

Any idea what this could be? I've tried reinstalling the app, and deleting the chat log (as per Internet tip).
(I also mailed Kakaotalk's support but I haven't heard anything back)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! You've probably already looked, but in the Kakaotalk app's settings, is there somewhere you can select or modify the notification tone?

Reila

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Yep! I've tried turning all the options off and back on, adjust the volume, the tone, as well as changing individual settings for each person (I've had three friends message me and there's no notifications for either)

And thanks for the welcome!

Reila

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hm, neither worked :/ I even accidentally deleted data in the app manager first too (but it seems like the home screen icon shows unread message numbers now, so there's that!)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Your best bet may be to continue bugging the Kakaotalk support people. Do they have a support forum as well, where people can post their issues?

Reila

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Seems like they don't. Just gotta be patient and wait then, I guess. Just poked them on Twitter as well :p

Thanks for trying to help me though! Much appreciated!

Reila

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Just figured I'd post it here! Not much of a fix, per se, but I did find out the cause. Apparently my phone won't notify me when I'm logged onto the computer as well.
As simple as that, really. I didn't consider this since my old phone would notify me anyway!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Good to know, and thanks for telling us! This may be helpful for others who encounter the same problem.

phonetoday

Dec 20, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy 8 phone. I am not receiving any sound or vibration when I have a message or call on Kakaotalk. The problem may be that I was also on Kakaotalk on my PC. However, I logged out of Kakaotalk PC 2 days ago. I have tried disabling and re-enabling sounds and notifications, but it did not help. Please help me get back sounds and vibrations. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord