Kindle Fire HDX: Complete factory reset

bgaffga90

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
i had been having problems with a kindle fire that my girlfriend lent me. i guess she had the software on it changed to some droid software i am not sure. anyway i did a complete factory reset and i think i also erased any operating system that was on it. now the screen is asking me all sorts of questions of what to add and which reboot i want so i am starting completely over and would like some advice on how to proceed. what operating to put on my kindle..before there was google play and a google account in her name but the one thing i wanted to do was just use the kindle app to read. using it as a tablet would also work i just do not know where to go from here. i am pretty good with tech stuff but it seems i have done more harm than good to fix it. any advice would help thanks. i have factory reset more than once and had some operating system on there called cyanogen or something but its gone now.

Last edited by a moderator:

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
You could try the Mayday button. I did a factory reset and couldn't figure out how to turn the reader back on. They did help. This is my
5th tablet and I have done resets before. They helped me anyway. Or you cou try the XDA forums.

Last edited: