Kit Kat 4.4.2 is a joke.. Give me Jellybean 4.3 back.. Pleasee

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Now i have nothing to say but bad things. [...] That's a defect as far as [I']m concerned; when you advertise a product to last so long then [y]ou update it to 1/2 to 3/4 less battery life then it[']s Samsung[']s problem. Please fix this back to past or [I']ll be forced to return it.

Of course it's a defect. But it's not a defect with KitKat itself. It's a defect with the upgrade process with your particular phone. Most users report same or better battery life after the upgrade.

People with problems like yours can usually fix them by doing a factory reset (or sometimes just a reboot). If you use Samsung's Kies 3, you can back up and restore your apps, data, and settings, which makes the reset process reasonably easy.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about everyone else. But I did a factory reset. Cleared partition cache and still had no luck. Luckily att swapped out my phone and the new one has 4 3 installed. Running smooth now. I don't think I want to update this one with all the problems I had previously.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Kitkat is fine on both of my Moto Xs but I still prefer jelly bean over it

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I am going to talk to Samsung rep at best buy right now.. Then to att. I will have answers today!

Posted via Android Central App

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
So Samsung rep where no help nor att. But att is going to ship me a new phone. Hope to have it by tomorrow.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
It stinks there are so many people on here with problems. I agree with others, there has got to be a hitch in the software somehow. With mine I also did a factory reset right after the update and made sure I had all the latest updates when I restored. Aside from some minor problems with the SD card all has been smooth sailing. I know it can be a hassle, but in my experience it has been worth it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
My KK has been operating fine and battery life seems pretty good. I like having the camera option from the lock screen.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with my update either. In fact, I had read somewhere on these boards that someone was actually recommending that you reset your phone after an update like this. I wasn't really excited about doing that given the amount of work involved but I did think the idea had merit. It just so happens I had to do a factory reset on my phone a few days ago due to an issue with Google Play. I have to say that since that time, I have seen my battery improve a fair amount. Yesterday I took my phone off the charger at 5:00 am and while I normally throw it on the charger for a bit at work during the day, I did not get a chance to do that. I was somewhat concerned as I was not going home right away. Imagine my surprise when I got home at 10:30 pm and the battery indicator hadn't even turned orange yet! That's amazing for me as I keep my screen at 100% brightness and have BT and WiFi turned on the whole time while connected to a Gear Watch. I also have data flowing to a number of apps all day as well. I just don't think it can get much better than that for me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My wife hasn't had any problems after the update, but it's only been a week (and she's a light stock user).

Me? Froze the AT&T updater before the update was released. I won't give up root (too many apps I use need root, and I need root in adb for some things) and I won't give up multiple slots in Safestrap. It's bad enough they put a practically unbreakable bootloader in it, now we have
to take the chance that the update will make the phone worse. AND lose root?

And a locking system so we can't go back to 4.3 if we wanted to?

Oh, and a FAT32 SD card with Linux permissions? No thanks.

Next time I need a phone, I'll probably be looking at Motorola. My V551 (11 years old) still works fine.

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
And they didn't even ring the door bell.. Left no notice either. Just pops up online as " left notice" bs....

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
And they didn't even ring the door bell.. Left no notice either. Just pops up online as " left notice" bs....

Typical. My hubby just got his replaced and they told us 2-3 business days and WE were supposed to pay the shipping (I'm not done with that whole thing). Then, low and behold, it gets here the next day only it's delivered to the neighbor across the street. Really? Not sure if that was because we weren't home or they just couldn't read the GIANT house number we have. Where I live, UPS and FedEx both just leave packages on the porch if you're not home. Odd

Madonna Warwick

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Mine is not running as smoothly. Had to uninstall and reinstall some apps to make work. Some widgets will not work at all. Battery is draining faster. Used to get 13 to 16 hours between charges with heavy use now 10-12.

aog3

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Well my battery is draining fast now and the ram is almost at 2 gig. Please help. I already Uninstalled the last apps. But main concern is the battery drain.

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I received the replacement note 3 from att yesterday.. Seems like it's running better than the old one.. I have used it medium/heavy all day today and have 54% battery left. Running pretty smooth today. I will be doing screen shots and keeping up with the usage. I know lookout was running 74% this morning after I unplug it from the charge. I have disable it now..

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well my battery is draining fast now and the ram is almost at 2 gig. Please help. I already Uninstalled the last apps. But main concern is the battery drain.

Try to turn off the phone and let sit for about 2 mins.. Clear ur cache and then hold the home but and clear the ram and any open apps..

llsinister84ll

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
If you can get the note 3 at a good price id go for it i bought mine for 167 at best buy im comin from an iphone 4 an its reeallly amazin im havin issues with battery drain but im still explorin all the features and stuff this phone is very technical and its a beast at that!!

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
If you can get the note 3 at a good price id go for it i bought mine for 167 at best buy im comin from an iphone 4 an its reeallly amazin im havin issues with battery drain but im still explorin all the features and stuff this phone is very technical and its a beast at that!!

Go into app manger and disable all the boat ware.. That should help you out on some of it.

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well barely used my phone today and the battery was drain down to 28% by 7 pm tonight. Wtf is wrong.. One day it's awesome and the next day its not worth the plastic it's built in.. Wth really getting tired of it.