Kit Kat 4.4.2 is a joke.. Give me Jellybean 4.3 back.. Pleasee

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. It always said software update interrupted.
I then manually flashed 4.4.2 update. It will reset the phone. So u need to take a back up
Follow the steps in the below link

http://www.droidviews.com/install-android-4-4-2-kitkat-ota-on-att-galaxy-note-3-sm-900a/

Note: this procedure did not work when I placed the zip file in the internal memory. I had to place it on the sd card to make it work

Posted via Android Central App

jada swan

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone.... I updated to 4.4.2 a while back and since then my INCOMING CALL NOTIFICATION POPUP doesn't work properly... It will "pop-up",but will not stay on the screen where I was before I got a call... I have yet to find a solution. Someone help.

jchoelgaard

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
After auto update to 4.4.2 my Samsung Galaxy Grand2 Duos sometimes reboots randomly in a space of time ranging from a few minutes to several hours. Also the screen has a tendency to scroll up by itself for no reasons whatsoever. With 4.3 I never experienced any such problems. I really hope 4.4.3 will solve these issues - if ever released for my phone.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Yea.. I'll post a screen shot of my usage later this evening. But battery, email, service dropping, not getting service, ram usage is more than Jb, having to charge my phone during the day. Which never happened on Jb.

I just bought a Note 3 yesterday afternoon after having an S4. I had so many issues with Kit Kat too. I'd like to add on my problems : screen would fade to black and was not able to be woken from pressing on the capacitive buttons or volume button. It would boot up in Safe Mode BY itself, dropped calls, missed emails, texts and calls, both original and spare battery kept draining.

To edit yes I had thought about doing a Factory Reset BUT when trying to back up the phone using Kies 3 was impossible as the program would crash constantly. I didn't want to lose everything.

Hopefully this Note 3 will do well.

David Mullins

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Thought I would share my experiences with my GN3 and Kit Kat. About 2 weeks ago I was awoken in the middle of the night by my phone continuously beeping and the screen lighting up and turning off. The phone was plugged into the wall charging. I looked at the screen and the battery was dying even though it had been plugged in all night. Next I started receiving a message on the screen that email has stopped working, even though email was not even running. I took the phone to Best Buy where I purchased it and spent about an hour and a half with the Samsung rep. The rep was unable to get the phone to recognize that it was attached to a computer via a data cable. Also he verified that even though the phone showed that it was connected to a charger and plugged into an outlet, it was actually losing battery life. The rep finally sent me over to the Geeksquad counter. As a side note this was comical in that the employee at Geeksquad spent the next 10-15 minutes going over the exact same things that I just spent the previous hour and a half going through with the Samsung rep. Anyhow the final conclusion was that the phone must be replaced. The Samsung rep had replaced the battery in my phone with a fully charged one and I was sent home to await the arrival of my replacement phone. I picked up my replacement phone about a week later and it was back to JB 4.4.2 and all was good. The night before last I was once again awoken to the phone beeping and lighting up. I checked the version an lo and behold I was back on Kit Kat 4.4.4. Now the phone is not charging again and is crapping out. I guess I will be back at Best Buy in the morning. There appears to be some issues with some Note 3s and the Kit Kat version of Android.

Korky48

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I received a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (SM-T310) as a retirement gift last week and it had android jelly been installed. the tab comes with GPS and on the weekend it automatically upgraded to KitKat as it was set to automatic update. I then lost the GPS from the drop down menu. so GPS has disappeared from the tab. I contacted Samsung help line here in the UK and they could not give me a reason or a fix and suggested I reverse the update back to JJ. any idea why this happened and is there a fix?

Justin Case10

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
If you don't have problems with 4.4, great! But for those of us who feel like we got screwed, is there any way to get rid of 4.4 and go back the perfectly fine 4.3? I no longer have permissions to delete an Audible book off my own phone, unless I install even more snoopy Google software and give EVEN MORE jackoffs full access to everything on my phone. This is B.S. in my opinion. So-- can 4.4 be uninstalled, and if so, how?

Justin Case10

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I know! Everyone likes/dislikes it but I need to know how to roll back this piece of Android **** so I can use 4.3 again. Can anybody help with a how-to?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver