KitKat battery use issues after downgrading from Lollipop, how can I fix it?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Kitkat battery use issues after downgrading from Lollipop

See the screenshot you posted on post #5 on this thread. Just tap the space that says "XX seconds/minutes on battery". Do you see it now?

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

I won't know that until probably tomorrow. It's not something that is super obvious (at least to me) that it's okay now. I need to leave it overnight again as well and see if it drains like mad.

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Oops - completely stupid comment. Sorry about that. That's USE not left.

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

So this morning I woke up to over 80% battery left. I had used it a bit last evening and didn't charge it overnight so that's GREAT. It seems much better now. I did turn off wifi overnight automatically. I froze everything I could think of that needed to be frozen and it seems good now.
Here's my stats as of right now (told you I don't use my phone much)Screenshot_2015-06-09-10-22-14.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-09-10-23-10.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-09-10-23-32.jpg

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Ahh, as you can see in the third screenshot, the culprit is your mobile network signal. Notice how the bar is yellow in colour? You should talk to your network provider regarding this or try keeping your phone in another room (if possible)

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

What do you mean? I don't understand the implications of that, sorry. And what would keeping my phone in another room do? I see my wifi used a lot so maybe I need to turn that off unless I'm using the phone... but yeah, the mobile network is super high... I would think a phone should stay around 95% all night if it's not used at all, right?

Is there a way to fix this? Turn the phone off at night? I could do that but would prefer not to as my kids only text (as does everyone that generation) so I prefer to leave it on but asleep. Hm....

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

What do you mean? I don't understand the implications of that, sorry. And what would keeping my phone in another room do? I see my wifi used a lot so maybe I need to turn that off unless I'm using the phone... but yeah, the mobile network is super high... I would think a phone should stay around 95% all night if it's not used at all, right?

Is there a way to fix this? Turn the phone off at night? I could do that but would prefer not to as my kids only text (as does everyone that generation) so I prefer to leave it on but asleep. Hm....

Sorry, I just read that you had used your phone last evening and didn't charge it since then. If so, then I'd say it depends on how much % battery it had left when you stopped using it before going to bed. I leave my Moto G 2nd gen uncharged throughout the night with the WiFi on but that does not consume more than 5% battery

myminpins

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

It was in the 90% charged range - I don't remember exactly - so it dropped maybe 5 to 10% overnight. I think that means it's good now.

I will charge it for sure before bed tonight and check it first thing in the morning and see how much it dropped. I thought it best to leave it today to see what happened since it was over 90% when I went to bed.

It's still at 86% and I've barely used it today except to take screen shots, check the battery level and send two emails that took two seconds each.

Last edited:

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site

seems like android system is the higest for me....

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards