Known Note 4 issues?

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Again, not a Samsung problem, but currently you can't screen cast using the Chromecast app. Looks like Google needs to push the newest apk to the note4

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Lollipop's ART is supposed to be different, backwards compatible.

Yes but it's still beta on every phone except for the Nexus 6. Some apps and hardware are not compatible as it's not optimized by the manufacturer so problems can occur.

When I switched to ART, I found that if I'm on the internet or an app like AC, phone calls would go straight to voicemail....everytime. Switched back to Dalvik and all works again.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I know there are threads on which SD card to get. But, for those of us using ours from our previous Note 3, can we just pop it into the Note 4 or does it need to be reformatted? It seems there would be possibly less issues by starting out clean and just moving necessary stuff back to the card after a format. But, then again, I don't want to wait time unnecessarily if it's not required.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Make sure to go into Settings and unmount the card before you remove it from your N3. It'll work just great in your N4.

Walchaar6

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I can't change youtube app video settings to go past 720p. I can use youtube website and use 4k setting.

Posted via the Android Central App
You don't need the 4k setting the most you need is 1440p the note 4 does not support 4k video it can shoot in 4k but the screen displays 2560 by 1440p just thought I would let you know because a lot of people are confused about That I'm not saying you are but letting you know just in case you thought that

Zachtheowl

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have seen a number of posts regarding the amoled display sometimes being inconsistent in color from one side of the screen to the other. I saw this myself on a display unit at Best Buy. Since the new display is undoubtedly the biggest improvement in the Note this year, this production problem is particularly disturbing if you are not picking up and checking out the phone at a store. In any case, you can exchange a defective phone, but doing it by mail is a pain.

Posted via Android Central App

I am seeing this on my super amoled droid turbo screen...which is why I am here reading the note 4 forum lol

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
We've had our Note 4s since October 16---and they've been allllll very, very good until October 28 when my husband's email app began to dysfunction and to frequently fail. Now many times daily the announcement "Your email has stopped working" pops up; I can't figure what is causing this behaviour or the blackout screen that occurs more and more often in the email app.

Anyone else experienced this? Or does someone understand how I can make this correctly work again for him?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
We've had our Note 4s since October 16---and they've been allllll very, very good until October 28 when my husband's email app began to dysfunction and to frequently fail. Now many times daily the announcement "Your email has stopped working" pops up; I can't figure what is causing this behaviour or the blackout screen that occurs more and more often in the email app.

Anyone else experienced this? Or does someone understand how I can make this correctly work again for him?

Sounds more like an app issue than a Note issue. If you're using the stock email app, you could always try to uninstall any updates it has (under Application Manager -> All). If you're using a 3rd party app, uninstalling and reinstalling it might work.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Sounds more like an app issue than a Note issue. If you're using the stock email app, you could always try to uninstall any updates it has (under Application Manager -> All). If you're using a 3rd party app, uninstalling and reinstalling it might work.
He's using the stock email app. I will check updates asap . . .

UPDATE:
No software updates specifically for email---only the generic AT&T software updates are listed.
Also, the screen blacks out when I am tweaking the email settings--but none of the other settings.

Last edited:

UniQue WerkX

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Issue I had was when I switched to ART from Dalvik (supposed to run better), my s health app wouldn't work. Even after app optimization. Had to go back to Dalvik to get it to work. I read that Lollypop will only have ART. I hope they fix the app by then. Anyone else try switching and find problems?

Yes, I had the same thing happen and also switched back to David. I'm on a T-Mobile Note 4.... if that matters here.

Posted via Note4 & Android Central App

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
If this post does not belong here, please let me know and I will remove it and place it in appropriate area (let me know what area is better, of course)

Hi all,

Well, finally upgraded to Note 4 from SII (SPH-D710) .

I don't like the phone as much as I had anticipated.

The Nexus 6 got announced a week later and I had already put in pre-order.

Unlike everyone here who basically have nothing wrong, I am encountering a big issue with my Note 4!

Seems the Note 4 is having WiFi issues.

One minute, I'm running fine and connected to my home WiFi network.

I have two options a 2.4ghz connection or a 5ghz connection. I usually connect to the 5ghz option.)

I have an ASUS RT-AC68U router which can handle g, n and the new ac protocols. It can also do the standard 2.4ghz and the new 5ghz frequencies.

The next minute I find the phone had switched to the cellular (LTE).

When I notice that it switched over to LTE from WiFi, I've tried to go into settings and open the WiFi settings option page.

I then try to connect back to my WiFi network (using my 5ghz option).

The phone attempts to make the connection and fails.

It also fails when I attempt to connect using the 2.4ghz option.

So far the only fix I've found is to reboot the phone.

I called Sprint and they instructed me to update the network settings by dialing those codes.

In this case, it is: ##72786#

Dialing that code, reboots the phone twice before you can use it.

Its supposed to clear out the settings, go out and get a new prl information.

I also have a femtocell because several years ago, I could not get a good Sprint signal in my house and even outside.

Sprint provided me with this fem to cell free of charge.

It was great, but of course it uses your own WiFi to make phone calls.

Now with the Note 4 it has that built-in!

Which is great because it means I can get rid of this box, which is called Airwave!

But with the Note 4 having unpredictable wifi connection issues, I'm not sure what to do at this point.

When I was talking with Sprint, I told the rep, that I would try using the Note 4 for a few days without the Airwave hooked up, to see if that clears up the WiFi issue.

It does not.

The fact that a simple reboot fixes the problem, just tells me that the internal routing tables are somehow getting corrupted by something.

I told Sprint I would call back if the problem did not resolve itself.

She hinted at replacing my phone (I sure with another Note 4 but I'd like to try a Nexus 6.

So to end this, I ask if anyone else has noticed this type of problem with wifi?

Thanks

Rob

(I have other issues but this is major for me)

And I am having trouble finding a good email address to let Samsung know directly of my issue. I tried to call but the poor rep, was unequipped to understand my issue. So I'd rather it be sent as email. But need Samsung's text support email address.

NOTE: Found another user with same problem. Will move my conversation over to his thread.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=4030813

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
So, this isn't really an issue, more of a design flaw. I hate that the power button is exactly opposite of the volume. Since it's such a big phone I have to move my hand up to change the volume and I'm constantly hitting the power button with my thumb while trying to adjust volume. I love the phone otherwise, but that bugs me.

hummingbirdhill

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
So, this isn't really an issue, more of a design flaw. I hate that the power button is exactly opposite of the volume. Since it's such a big phone I have to move my hand up to change the volume and I'm constantly hitting the power button with my thumb while trying to adjust volume. I love the phone otherwise, but that bugs me.

I think this has been an annoying aspect of Samsung and HTC (and perhaps others I've not used) for at least 4-6 years . . . I do the same thing with my thumb on the volume button--extremely irritating to turn down volume and not be aware of it, and then miss calls and messages. But the Note 2 and Note 4 have been quite worth the irritation :) (I hold my phone in my left hand.)

Rabelaisx

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
I am also having this issue. The phone seems to have a problem releasing a previous wireless connection and will not find a new one. If you shift from one wireless area but return to it, it reconnects. If you move to a new wireless area that is stored and known it will not connect, even if the connection name is one the same account but the node is different. I have to reboot every time I move from node to node at work and the reboot again when I come home. From what I can see online the suggestion to fix this is a factory reset, I'm loathed to choose this as I have just set everything the way I want it. I hope Samsung have noted this and are attempting a software driver fix.
Rab

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
@rlanza1054: Are you still having the same problems with your WiFi? I have the same router, same issue. I called Sprint, and we did the same thing but I left home, and came back with the same problems. Any solutions?

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards