Last Note??

jlangner

Well-known member
Oct 9, 2016
1,569
107
63
From ice universe unless totally not understanding what he is saying which is highly likely. Maybe means combined versions
 

Attachments

  • 2689.jpg
    2689.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 45
The ending of the Note line has come up before.

As the s series phones are catching up each year with the Note line then it's possible.

Gone are the days where the Note is the phone with ALL the bells and whistles.
 
I doubt if the Note line will be discontinued, since the S Pen is the unique feature it has that the S line lacks. There are plenty of people who buy the Note just because of the S Pen.
 
My guess if they did combine it, it would probably be one Galaxy line where you have the Galaxy (S), Galacy+ (S+) and then the Galaxy Note Ultra with the pen and it retains the squarish shape along with the Fold... and then the Galaxy Fold and Flip. And honestly I think they should combine like this so they can launch all phones at the same time in March instead of two flagships 6 months apart from each other. The Ultra and Fold would have the silo still for internal S-Pen carry. Not sure if they would make the other model screens pen capable and the pen is available as an accessory and carried separatley... adds cost adding the layer on the screen for pen input.
 
Maybe it's just the S-Note app that's toast...
S Note can still be downloaded but as an APK and not the play store, I think most of its features have been integrated into Samsung Notes and all my S Note files from years gone by have been transferred to Samsung Notes.
 
Samsung has several phone lines. I'm not sure they would combine 2 phones that makes news twice a year over their minor league phones that I never hear about.
 
Ice Universal is usually correct, almost all the sources he mentions is 99% of the time correct, So just beware.
 
Ice Universal is usually correct, almost all the sources he mentions is 99% of the time correct, So just beware.
I'm afraid your right , it be big mistake for Samsung to do this, they been doing lot things right last couple years , this won't be one of them .
 
My thoughts on this are the exact same as they were last year when Ice universe said the same thing That the Note 10+ was the last Note. The Note is most likely going away in name only. Whether that means merging the Note and Fold or the Note and Ultra version of the S series, or both. Having a Fold with SPen and an S series with SPen could work. I could definitely see Samsung keeping its end of the year release to foldables and the earlier release the S line (with the Ultra incorporating the SPen). I said then that it would peeve whomever bought the Note that year off releasing one 6 months later under a different name, but it'd be a single release change, and that people would get over it.

What has changed a little though are my thoughts on the timetable. I thought it'd still be further down the road when the foldables were a little more polished that all this would happen. But Samsung improved the Fold 2 so much over the original that maybe this could be the year.
 
As long as they keep the S/Note/Ultra version the one with everything but the kitchen sink, then I don't care about what it's going to be called or merged with.
 
If it is the end <been using Note devices since the original Note> then this is a grand end. The Note 20 is the grand example of the evolution of its line and is now at full being.

Why go out while on top? Only Samsung knows.
 
Considering that the Note 20 Ultra apparently broke pre order records it seems strange that Samsung would do away with the Note brand. I would like to see the S pen with the Fold 3 next year if this is the case.

That Z Fold 2 looks awesome and very tempting with the trade in prices, even £150 for a broken phone and £650 for some recent devices.
Next year should be interesting but I will be surprised if the Note disappears.
 
My guess if they did combine it, it would probably be one Galaxy line where you have the Galaxy (S), Galacy+ (S+) and then the Galaxy Note Ultra with the pen and it retains the squarish shape along with the Fold... and then the Galaxy Fold and Flip. And honestly I think they should combine like this so they can launch all phones at the same time in March instead of two flagships 6 months apart from each other. The Ultra and Fold would have the silo still for internal S-Pen carry. Not sure if they would make the other model screens pen capable and the pen is available as an accessory and carried separatley... adds cost adding the layer on the screen for pen input.
This.

Also, Sammy will probably stick to their release timetables. It seems like it makes sense to have a device(s) to release on the Spring around MWC and in late Summer to offer up some competition to Apple. At least that's what I've grown to think their reasoning is.
 
What he means is Samsung are making the Z line as their main flagships and S line will not get the same high end features as the Z line that's what he has hinted at lately
 
And when it does change, guess what? It changes.

Some of us will complain; Some of us will say it's the best thing Samsung ever did. And then we will all continue to live our lives.
 
Looking back on the history of the device, it may have been better if it was simply a part of the Galaxy S line. Similar to how you have a Camaro Z/28 and and SS or a Mustang GT and Shelby GT 500. They are both the same car, just a submodel. Perhaps that is what they are planning on doing?