LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
That box is kind of crazy. What's the point?

Typical marketing tchotchkes designed to drum up excitement for a product. I work in the retail investment management world. You'd be amazed at some of the weird stuff product sponsors send me that are supposed to represent a concept or product.

As a bonus to this reply, I actually got to use the word "tchotchkes" in something. ;)

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Personally I'd rather verizon get the rumored prime then this. I don't see what all the fuss is about to be honest.

The Prime is a lot like the S2, it just has some very key changes which make it a bit more exciting, especially if it is coming out in just a few months. The S2 is still a great phone and would probably be more popular if it would get confirmation about LTE. Besides not knowing about LTE, the S2 has been shown to perform better than any other phone on the market. That is why people are hyped up about it.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
hold the phone!! (pardon the pun ) VZW updated their tweet - it was referring to the Galaxy Tab, not the phone. so, we're back to where we were (and which makes more sense) - GS2 3g in Aug, and Prime LTE in (hopefully) Oct.

I think that the phone will be 4G especially since it's going to be 4G on Sprint. However, I'd be happy with the 3G version if they don't change the form factor.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think that the phone will be 4G especially since it's going to be 4G on Sprint. However, I'd be happy with the 3G version if they don't change the form factor.

You cant go by what other carriers do because the radios the other carriers use are different and smaller than lte radios thats why all the lte phones out everyone complains are so thick.

MasterGiraffe

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
You cant go by what other carriers do because the radios the other carriers use are different and smaller than lte radios thats why all the lte phones out everyone complains are so thick.

This is true, but they actually are pretty similar in size. The LTE radio is definitely bigger then WIMAX, but not by much. We also know that samsung made the phone slightly larger to incorporate the WIMAX chip for Sprint. I see no reason why they would not do the same thing for Verizon. They would only have to make it millimeters bigger then Sprint's version. If Sprint was able to ask for a slightly larger phone then you would have to believe that Verizon would do the same.

It is possible that that is why we have had to wait so long for the SGSII to land stateside. By "carrier negotiations" they mean that they were working out all of the details to make the phones slightly larger.

Ferris.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Android Central just tweeted that the Bionic is coming out in September. Should clear the way for a August SG2 release!

AC Twitter

Also:

androidcentral Android Central
Five LTE devices in the market by the end of the year.

That means:

1. Thunderbolt
2. Charge
3. Bionic

What are 4 and 5? Am I missing one that is already out?

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Also:

androidcentral Android Central
Five LTE devices in the market by the end of the year.

That means:

1. Thunderbolt
2. Charge
3. Bionic

What are 4 and 5? Am I missing one that is already out?

There's the LG Revolution, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Xoom and probably more.

They were referring to Motorola. They'll have 5 LTE devices by the end of the year. The Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Motorola Dinara (Atrix LTE) and Droid HD. Just me speculating, but chances are those are it.

Ferris.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
There's the LG Revolution, Galaxy Tab 10.1, Xoom and probably more.

They were referring to Motorola. They'll have 5 LTE devices by the end of the year. The Droid Bionic, Motorola Xoom, Motorola Xoom 2, Motorola Dinara (Atrix LTE) and Droid HD. Just me speculating, but chances are those are it.

Ah, that makes sense. I just keep looking for clues for any tidbit of info on the SGS2... Somebody has to know something!!

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Android Central just tweeted that the Bionic is coming out in September. Should clear the way for a August SG2 release!

AC Twitter

Almost the death knell for that phone and maybe Motorola. They just can't seem to get anything right with that one. Even some of the people who have been choosing that phone over the S2 are now starting to give up on it.

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Well apparently moto ceo Jha said the bionic would be first dual core lte so lets hope he just doesnt know what he is talking about( i mean after he said blur isnt slowing phones down bad apps are it's not hard to not believe him lol)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali