Leaving iOS... Couple questions

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what either of you are talking about. I switched my phone to Android from iPhone and vise Versa many times. Once I do that nrgoing happens with messages. Works normally.

If you plan on having TWO active phones then yes that makes sense. But if you are just switching over you don't need to turn anything off on the iPhone or iMessage.

Well, then you are a very lucky guy, what they are talking about here have been discussed for years and Apple was under heavy fire because of its obvious tactics to retain their customers. After this, they went public and accepted that there is a glitch on iMessage that REQUIRES to de-register from it before you move to another platform, if not, other iPhone users most of the time don't reach after that, all their SMS and MMS messages get lost on the iMessage servers, they created a support page just for this.

But don't trust us just read by yourself.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage

How to fix Apple's iMessage bug - CNET

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what either of you are talking about. I switched my phone to Android from iPhone and vise Versa many times. Once I do that nrgoing happens with messages. Works normally.

If you plan on having TWO active phones then yes that makes sense. But if you are just switching over you don't need to turn anything off on the iPhone or iMessage.

It depends on what you do with your SIM. Even Apple tells you to turn off iMessage when switching .. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204270

markbc

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
>I have a couple questions. Making the move from iPhone 6+ S to the Note 7. Pre-ordered from Verizon. There are a few
>things I use a lot and I'm hoping to have some reasonable solutions.
>1) I use the reminder app on my iPhone all the time. What are you using with Note phones?
>2) I use Siri for making calls and sending text. Is there something similar?
>3) I have over 6k pictures and have moved them to Google Photos. One thing I like about iOS is they are all organized by
>the date and time I took them. Can I do the same on my Note or in google photos?
>4) This one is a bit troubling for me... One convenient thing about iOS is the ability to send and receive SMS messages from
>my phone or my Mac. Is there anything else like this with Note phones or Android in general.

For issue number four -sending text from your computer-- some have offered other suggestions (Like hangouts). They are OK, but I use MightyText and it works very well. Try it! I like it -however, to get it's full capabilities you need a paid subscription.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
>I have a couple questions. Making the move from iPhone 6+ S to the Note 7. Pre-ordered from Verizon. There are a few
>things I use a lot and I'm hoping to have some reasonable solutions.
>1) I use the reminder app on my iPhone all the time. What are you using with Note phones?
>2) I use Siri for making calls and sending text. Is there something similar?
>3) I have over 6k pictures and have moved them to Google Photos. One thing I like about iOS is they are all organized by
>the date and time I took them. Can I do the same on my Note or in google photos?
>4) This one is a bit troubling for me... One convenient thing about iOS is the ability to send and receive SMS messages from
>my phone or my Mac. Is there anything else like this with Note phones or Android in general.

For issue number four -sending text from your computer-- some have offered other suggestions (Like hangouts). They are OK, but I use MightyText and it works very well. Try it! I like it -however, to get it's full capabilities you need a paid subscription.

1. Google now has reminders built into it. You can set them for one time, or recurring.

2. 'Ok Google' is the hot phrase fro Google now. It can send SMS and make calls. I never use it, so I am not sure how well it works. Samsung has a feature called SVoice, and does similar things.

3. If they are uploaded to Photos, they should be organized by date and time.

4. Hangouts. If you get Chrome, and add the Hangouts extension, and use Hangouts for SMS, this will do the same thing as iOS.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
...May I toss another one at you...?

MUSIC - I am on apple music with my kids... At one point I had over 2k songs I purchased through iTunes and unfortunately a large chunk of those songs were lost. I don't care about that anymore, but I'm hoping Google Play has a broad selection of music... HUGE reggae fan here and have tons of old classics. I will say apple music has a decent collection....

I will soon become an Android novice as well, and everyone but one son are staying on Apple, including my Apple Music plan. There is an Apple Music app for Google (understand it just came out of beta) that I am going to try first, only so I don't have to try to move everyone to a new service.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I will soon become an Android novice as well, and everyone but one son are staying on Apple, including my Apple Music plan. There is an Apple Music app for Google (understand it just came out of beta) that I am going to try first, only so I don't have to try to move everyone to a new service.

Whoa...is this true? There's an app for android that is tied to Apple Music? All my kids music is tied into that service and we have the family share plan for unlimited $14.99...they all have iPhone and I am going back to Android so if this is true this would be a HUGE deal.

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
There is also S-Voice which is a Samsung thing. I believe you can set it to read text messages out loud. Many times for me, composing a voice text, S-Voice understands me better than Google.
ITA. I forget to turn on the car mode in the car, but it works better at reading and composing voice texts than even Google Now.

archer75

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
moving from ios to android was easy. I had everything I needed. Moving from android to ios was harder. Several apps I wanted were missing on ios and some of the apps that were there didn't have the same functionality as their android counterparts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201