leaving the Nexus 6p is hard

Shepx13

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
6p has garbage signal strength, I can't to get rid of this thing. Honestly though, that's my only complaint about it.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not trying to bust on you for jumping ship, but considering you are an "Android Fanboy" for 8 years strong, I'd be curious as to whether your opinion of the iPhone 7 Changes within a Year and a major iOS update from now.

Years ago after my Galaxy Nexus I jumped to an iPhone 5 when it was released, to try a new OS and to try and better fit in with my work environment. The honeymoon phase lasted about 3 months, after which I wanted to do no more than throw it out a window. Endured another 12 months with it and switched back to Android as soon as i could.

Some people can switch like that. I hated it. But YMMV.

Thanks....

Actually, there's a plot twist here.

The entire time that I've been with android for my personal phones, I've had an iPhone with me as well. One every year since the original.

The 6s was the first time that an iPhone interested me. When the iPhone 7 plus came out, the feature-set and useability was finally up to par with what I have been waiting for.

This, topped off by how bummed I was with the price/value of the Pixel was the perfect storm for me to switch.

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
After being an Android Fanboy since 2008, and owning multiple flagships per year since then, the Nexus 6P was the best device i had ever owned up to that point; not to mention, it was probably the best priced device ever for what it had.

That being said, I was so off-put by Google's pricing with Pixel given the feature set that it had, that I jumped shipped and picked up a 256GB iPhone 7 plus.

It's outstanding, and makes every other phone I've ever used seem like a toy. I couldn't be happier.

Can you please explain the logic behind this? The pixel isn't a nexus, why were you put off by the price point for the first phone of its kind? Its pretty much universally regarded as the android phone to have right now, but because it was more expensive than a 6P, you spent 100 dollars more because you were put off by the price? I just can't wrap my head around that logic at all..

I'm happy your happy though, im not trying to bash. If you prefer iOS than thats awesome, but the logic is just silly. Its okay to say, you just wanted an iPhone, we won't judge you!

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you please explain the logic behind this? The pixel isn't a nexus, why were you put off by the price point for the first phone of its kind? Its pretty much universally regarded as the android phone to have right now, but because it was more expensive than a 6P, you spent 100 dollars more because you were put off by the price? I just can't wrap my head around that logic at all..

I'm happy your happy though, im not trying to bash. If you prefer iOS than thats awesome, but the logic is just silly. Its okay to say, you just wanted an iPhone, we won't judge you!

Lol, I expected this response.

Since Google nixed the nexus upon the release of the Pixel, I think it's safe to say that the Pixel is the successor of Nexus line. I would have bought the next Nexus that followed the 6P (if the Pixel hadn't launched). But since a vanilla nexus with decent specs for a decent price wasn't an option, that got me to think.

If I was gonna spend close to An iPhone price for a phone, I wanted to be sure it was the smoothest, most efficient phone out there. In this case, the iP7+.

To clarify, I have no problem spending the amount of money. I just wanted to make sure that when I spent that money it was well spent. I simply decided not to spend it on the first iteration of the pixel.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks....

The entire time that I've been with android for my personal phones, I've had an iPhone with me as well. One every year since the original.

The 6s was the first time that an iPhone interested me. When the iPhone 7 plus came out, the feature-set and useability was finally up to par with what I have been waiting for.

This, topped off by how bummed I was with the price/value of the Pixel was the perfect storm for me to switch.

Ah, well that definitely softens the blow as far as what to expect with the UI and Ecosystem switch!

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks....

So you've always wasted money having an Android and iPhone at the same time...but it was too much to spend on pixel?

shady195

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Lol, I expected this response.

Since Google nixed the nexus upon the release of the Pixel, I think it's safe to say that the Pixel is the successor of Nexus line. I would have bought the next Nexus that followed the 6P (if the Pixel hadn't launched). But since a vanilla nexus with decent specs for a decent price wasn't an option, that got me to think.

If I was gonna spend close to An iPhone price for a phone, I wanted to be sure it was the smoothest, most efficient phone out there. In this case, the iP7+.

To clarify, I have no problem spending the amount of money. I just wanted to make sure that when I spent that money it was well spent. I simply decided not to spend it on the first iteration of the pixel.

Have you actually used a Pixel? I'm not talkign in the store for 5 minutes, I'm talking a full days use? Because as of right now, its toe to toe with the iPhone IMO as far as a fast smooth experience, battery life, security, camera etc. Aside from water resistance, the iPhone doesn't offer much more than the Pixel, at that point its a preference of android vs iOS, which by your starting statement seems a bit contradictory,

The Pixel is not the successor of the nexus, I wish people would get out of this mindset. Look at what the nexus program was, what google was using it for. Thats not what the pixel is. The pixel is a premium phone at a premium price for the general consumer.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Have you actually used a Pixel? I'm not talkign in the store for 5 minutes, I'm talking a full days use? Because as of right now, its toe to toe with the iPhone IMO as far as a fast smooth experience, battery life, security, camera etc. Aside from water resistance, the iPhone doesn't offer much more than the Pixel, at that point its a preference of android vs iOS, which by your starting statement seems a bit contradictory,

The Pixel is not the successor of the nexus, I wish people would get out of this mindset. Look at what the nexus program was, what google was using it for. Thats not what the pixel is. The pixel is a premium phone at a premium price for the general consumer.

Also, this isn't the first Pixel device. If people would get off the Nexus obsession and look at the Pixel line of devices they will realize, they are premium devices at premium prices. The Pixel notebook is the most powerful and most expensive Chromebook available. The Pixel C is priced similarly to the small iPad pro, and just as good (better imho). The fact is. Google has partnered with OEMs to make the reference, developer devices known as Nexus. The are no longer making them....AND they are now making a Pixel phone. The two are not connected. They didn't replace Nexus...they discontinued the program. The end. Next year's pricing will be less shocking and the year after it will be expected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya