LED Notification Light Concern...

Jesus Delgadillo

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
So I have just realized something about my led notification light that might seem uncommon, the brightness of the colors looks different with the type of notification I get. For example, when I receive a Facebook notification, the blue light is very bright, while when I get a text message on my stock app, it seems lower bright and it's hard to notice on sun daylight. When I receive a Facebook message the green light is very bright. When I'm charging my phone while it's turned OFF, the red light is very bright, while when the phone is on and screen off charging, the red light is low bright. Sorry to make a long paragraph out of this, it's just a doubt and I wanted to figure out if I'm the only one noticing this.

Posted via Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nope, you're not. I'm not entirely sure how the LED intensity works on these phones, but I know that (usually) there's no parameter for the devs to control it, other than changing it to a supported color.

However, the very behavior you're describing I've seen on the S3, S4, Note 2, and Note 3, so I don't see how things would have changed for the S5. Now, here's the weird thing: It doesn't happen with all phones. I compared, once, with 4 different S4's and one didn't have this issue. But, so far, it's not really causing any further problems, except the intensity variation.

The difference between screen-off VS screen-on I COULD understand; it's just like your home lights dimming down a bit when you turn a power-hungry appliance like a vacuum cleaner on, and in the case of the phone, the screen is the most power-hungry element. But on a well designed phone, IMHO, this should not be an issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1