Let's talk screen protectors for the Z Flip 6

Emaderton3

Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have been a long-time user of just TPU films on my phone screens instead of the tempered glass type. With my Z Flip 3, I eventually stopped using anything on the main screen since I felt it was protected fairly well since the phone folds closed. Anyway, this time around, I decided to buy films and cover all screens on my Z Flip 6. I set the phone up last night and then began trying to put the film on the full screen. However, I noticed that it looked like the phone already had a film on it. A quick Google search confirmed that it comes factory installed!

Unfortunately, there is nothing on the external half screen. The one I bought didn't work well for me, so I ended up ordering a tempered glass one for the external half screen until I can find another film.

Besides all that, will you be putting the camera protector rings on the two external lenses? I noticed that my Ringke case provides extra protection around the camera lenses (sticks out further), so I wasn't planning on it.

Reactions: AndroidFanboy8

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
UGH I bought the Samsung TPU for flip6 outer screen and botched the 1st attempt, second attempt got a piece of lint causing a bubble. I ordered more of em via Amazon ,gonna try again. This is driving me nuts. I can't seem to get the stupid bubbles out. I've even lifted it like 6 times with scotch tape AND compressed air.

Last edited:
Reactions: bembol

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
UGH I bought the Samsung TPU for flip6 and botched the 1st attempt, second attempt got a piece of lint causing a bubble. I ordered more of em via Amazon ,gonna try again. This is driving me nuts.

I did too. Dust.

I can't believe Samsung is selling this for $39.99 Canadian. WTF. It's nothing special. I got it for $17.99 when I bundled my order.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have never felt the need for a screen protector on the inside screen of all of my Flip phones. Like the other user I felt it was protected enough by just having it closed. And also the fact that they come with their own screen protector. I have never had a problem with my inside main screen.

But the cover screen is a different matter. That I felt needed extra protection so I have always put a screen protector on it. I carry my phone in my purse. There are all kinds of things in there that could scratch the cover screen, especially my keys. While I try to keep them somewhat separated in there stuff happens. I'd much rather the glass screen protector get the scratches than my actual screen.

Emaderton3

Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I have never felt the need for a screen protector on the inside screen of all of my Flip phones. Like the other user I felt it was protected enough by just having it closed. And also the fact that they come with their own screen protector. I have never had a problem with my inside main screen.

But the cover screen is a different matter. That I felt needed extra protection so I have always put a screen protector on it. I carry my phone in my purse. There are all kinds of things in there that could scratch the cover screen, especially my keys. While I try to keep them somewhat separated in there stuff happens. I'd much rather the glass screen protector get the scratches than my actual screen.
What do you typically use on the outside screen? And have you ever felt the need to get the camera lens protectors? I bought them but not sure i really need them given the protection of the case around the lenses. Also, I got the light blue Flip 6 so hate to cover up the blue around the camera lenses.

Last edited:

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I had the Flip 3, 4, and 5 and never had a screen protector, other than the one that comes pre-installed on the inside main screen. I never put one on the cover screen. But, if you want to, Amazon sells a number of them made for the cover screen. I do use a case (I have a Benks for my Flip 6), but that's all that I do.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
What do you typically use on the outside screen? And have you ever felt the need to get the camera lens protectors? I bought them but not sure i really need them given the protection of the case around the lenses. Also, I got the light blue Flip 6 so hate to cover up the blue around the camera lenses.
I don't do much on the outside screen. I will check messages. I do use the outer screen in the grocery store to use "Shop And Scan" in the Meijer app when I shop. Outer screen comes in handy then. As to camera protection...I don't use any.

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I had the Flip 3, 4, and 5 and never had a screen protector, other than the one that comes pre-installed on the inside main screen. I never put one on the cover screen. But, if you want to, Amazon sells a number of them made for the cover screen. I do use a case (I have a Benks for my Flip 6), but that's all that I do.
Agree 100%. NO additional screen protector products on mt Flip3, 4. or 5. I always use a case with raised edges around the bezel and have not had scratches or any other damage to ineer or cover screens. And the Flip rides in my front pocket just about all day long.

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I've already gone through one OEM package of outer sreen protective film. I botched 2 application attempts.ugh!

So I went to the Samsung experience store,bought another package of outer screen protector and had one of the tech professional's do it.

It was perfect and spot on perfectly placed zero bubbles.❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:

Emaderton3

Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I've already gone through one OEM package of outer sreen protective film. I botched 2 application attempts.
So I went to the Samsung experience store and had one of the tech professional's do it.
It was perfect and spot on perfectly placed zero bubbles.
Yeah, mine does not look great. I will have to redo it this weekend. Great idea to go in and have them do it. I always did that when I purchased a phone in a store.

Emaderton3

Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, mine does not look great. I will have to redo it this weekend. Great idea to go in and have them do it. I always did that when I purchased a phone in a store.
I ended up redoing it today. Besides the bubbles, it was bothering me that it didn't line up with the opening in the case (both are Ringke products so the protector fits in it perfectly but I didn't know that before then). No problems this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pokerface8529