Letters on keyboard hard to use!!!

Aug 28, 2018
Visit site
Let me first say I have a glass screen protector on my note 9 and I use the default keyboard. I have found that the letters, numbers and characters on the right and left sides of the screen seem to take a large amount of pressure to get them to type. The ones in the middle only seem to need a soft tap. Have any of you experienced this? If so what did you do to over come the issue? I just cringe when I have to text a word with the letter 'a' in it.

bbgpsuser

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Guaranteed that it is caused by the glass screen protector.

One solution is to click the microphone and speak the response.

A better solution is to remove the glass screen protector.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I believe it's the screen protector as well. Try going into settings - advanced features and turn on touch sensitivity. This may help but if you already have it enabled then I'd just take the screen protector off.

theokeefroley

Sep 7, 2018
Visit site
Turning on the touch sensitivity helped me with this as stated above. I have a glass screen protector as well and the keyboard was a PITA to use when i didn't have the setting on

EuroDriver

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
I don't have personal experience with this but I have read that this particular problem is prevalent with glass screen protectors that have adhesive around the edges only and the protectors that have the adhesive throughout the entire contact area do not cause this problem

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Guaranteed that it is caused by the glass screen protector.

One solution is to click the microphone and speak the response.

A better solution is to remove the glass screen protector.

When I used the Caseology screen protector, this wasn't an issue. I switched to a lesser known brand because it doesn't have that annoying glue on the right and left borders of the screen, but yeah it does cause the minor sensitivity issues described here.

Curious if this is a problem for our Whitestone Dome users...

veggie59

May 25, 2013
Visit site
As soon as I put my caseology screen protector on I had that issue. I increase the sensitivity setting and it helps some. However on my initial login from turning on my phone I do have to kind of hit the keys more forcefully. After that there is no problem.