LG A810 suddenly getting hot battery life plummets, unit hums now too. What can I do?

A

AC Question

LG A810 suddenly getting hot battery life plummets, unit hums now too.

Hey; I ve had this At&t G4 for almost 6 months now with no problems. Then 3 days ago the battery started puking. From 2 days between charges to dead in 6 hours without me making any changes. Unit is very warm on the top and it now vibrates. The vibration or humming is very faint GSam says battery gets 104(F) but now averages in the 90's(F). There have been no shocks to this unit or changes to it's routine. There were a bunch of updates right before this so I was wondering if anyone else has this issue. I have done a factory reset to no avail. Unit is stock with no roots or custom anythings.
Thanks
K. Dalton Wicker

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: LG A810 suddenly getting hot battery life plummets, unit hums now too.

Did you install any apps after the factory data reset? If so try a factory data reset and don't install any apps to see if you still have the same problem

Dalton Wicker

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Re: LG A810 suddenly getting hot battery life plummets, unit hums now too.

Thanks. I did the factory reset like a new unit. It did not appear to make any difference so I did another reset and used the back up thingy. Resetting did make a difference though as the battery life line on the graph isn't vertical anymore. When it recharges, I'm going to try one more reset as a new unit just to make sure. at three percent life left(unit still on), unit doesn't feel like it is generating anymore heat. Is there an app or something to let me monitor the processor usage?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38