LG Complaints

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
No they did not!!! **Climbs pulpit**
They could have given sony the next nexus, or perhaps HTC. Hell, I would have even settled for Huawei if that meant everyone got their devices on time. LG have almost zero commitment to the customers. Atleast HTC is spot on when it comes to customer service (I had a faulty one X, and HTC called me 5 times. Yes, 5 times and am in Kenya).
LG should never make another nexus. Period.
But you gotta admit, the name Sony Nexus just rolls of the tongue....

IMO the bolded statement can be pretty subjective based on your experience and on your needs. I love my Nexus 4 and as both a Nexus and a device I purchased from Google I could really care less about the OEM's "commitment" to customers. Before this phone I went from a Blackberry to Droid Bionic to Galaxy Nexus and the OEM's commitment never had any effect on any of my devices.. so I'm not sure how you are meaning that or how it would effect me personally. At this point in the Nexus program I believe Google has a good handle on what they are looking for and who to work with. Whatever OEM they choose for the next one I'm sure it will be a sick device, even though I would vote for Moto I'm sure a Sony one would be awesome as well, or an HTC, or whatever they go with. Just my 2 cents :)

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You say that comfortably from a Nexus 4. For many others time may be a factor and with zero concrete evidence to suggest an availability date, producing a limited number of this product isn't benefitting Google or LG in any way.

Low price is good, but convenience is often times a more pressing issue.

It's not like Google is going to run or of orders anytime soon anyways. plus i just got my phone after month and a half of wait and was well worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
IMO the bolded statement can be pretty subjective based on your experience and on your needs. I love my Nexus 4 and as both a Nexus and a device I purchased from Google I could really care less about the OEM's "commitment" to customers. Before this phone I went from a Blackberry to Droid Bionic to Galaxy Nexus and the OEM's commitment never had any effect on any of my devices.. so I'm not sure how you are meaning that or how it would effect me personally. At this point in the Nexus program I believe Google has a good handle on what they are looking for and who to work with. Whatever OEM they choose for the next one I'm sure it will be a sick device, even though I would vote for Moto I'm sure a Sony one would be awesome as well, or an HTC, or whatever they go with. Just my 2 cents :)

I meant LG generally offer almost zero support for their customers. This was their one chance to make a name for themselves, the one chance to get things going, but look at that, they are messing it up.
On a side note, am sooo jealous of your N4!!! I ma just seeing people round my office carrying S3's and they put my Flex to shame :'(

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I meant LG generally offer almost zero support for their customers. This was their one chance to make a name for themselves, the one chance to get things going, but look at that, they are messing it up.
On a side note, am sooo jealous of your N4!!! I ma just seeing people round my office carrying S3's and they put my Flex to shame :'(

I mean.. sold out is still sold out, I know quantities were disappointingly low but for a phone that has seen barely a hint of advertising ANYWHERE, something that really only enthusiasts like us even know exists, this thing is in high demand and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. The Galaxy Nexus, with all it's "issues", remained one of the top rated phones long into it's life on all the top tech sites even while phones with better specs were coming out monthly. I expect the Nexus 4 will sell just fine over the next year. I also think they have made quite a name for themselves seeing how well reviewed the device is everywhere.. suddenly LG is a major player in the market whereas even 4 months ago not many consumers even looked their way. Now people can't wait to see what they bring to CES while the Nexus 4 is still in incredibly high demand. I think they've certainly made a name for themselves. Could it have been a bigger splash if more quantity were available? I guess, but that's not as big a deal as some think it is right now -- I know it is to you and everyone else still waiting for one, lol.. be patient and you'll be rewarded soon I hope! :)

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I mean.. sold out is still sold out, I know quantities were disappointingly low but for a phone that has seen barely a hint of advertising ANYWHERE, something that really only enthusiasts like us even know exists, this thing is in high demand and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. The Galaxy Nexus, with all it's "issues", remained one of the top rated phones long into it's life on all the top tech sites even while phones with better specs were coming out monthly. I expect the Nexus 4 will sell just fine over the next year. I also think they have made quite a name for themselves seeing how well reviewed the device is everywhere.. suddenly LG is a major player in the market whereas even 4 months ago not many consumers even looked their way. Now people can't wait to see what they bring to CES while the Nexus 4 is still in incredibly high demand. I think they've certainly made a name for themselves. Could it have been a bigger splash if more quantity were available? I guess, but that's not as big a deal as some think it is right now -- I know it is to you and everyone else still waiting for one, lol.. be patient and you'll be rewarded soon I hope! :)

CES!!! The mother of them all!! One day will get there...lol
But still, convincing people that LG is a trustworthy brand will be an uphill task.
Take a Sony, LG, Motorola and Samsung and place them side by side and I bet you that People will pick the Samsung first followed by the Sony.
Am curious, there really isnt any chatter about the moto X

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
It's not like Google is going to run or of orders anytime soon anyways. plus i just got my phone after month and a half of wait and was well worth it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

But this is the point: not everyone can wait until pigs sprout wings to purchase a phone. So, yes, Google is losing orders by not having the device in stock and offering an indication of when customers could purchase said device.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
But still, convincing people that LG is a trustworthy brand will be an uphill task.

I had an LG G2x -- I don't have high regard for LG as a brand. Most of that comes down to their almost comedic continuous failure to follow through with promises and commitments in regards to software issues; my phone's hardware was fine.

But when it came time to replace it, my trust in Google far outweighed the concerns I have with LG. Simply put, Google has far, far too much invested in putting their name on the line in branding a phone 'Nexus' to allow any but the most unforeseeable issues make it through their collaborative QC. That, and the fact that the biggest issue I had with LG being the failures in delivery of updates is a moot issue with a vanilla device, made the Nexus 4 a no-brainer. LG doesn't make bad devices, but rather devices that aren't necessarily as inspired and well-designed as those of their competitors. Google brought plenty of that.

Aside from that...

I do think that the availability issues will be have penalized LG with huge opportunistic cost; to a lesser degree, Google as well.

For LG, they finally have a phone that has the full backing of Google, a phone receiving absolutely rave reviews and demonstrating enormous potential sell-through, a phone that, for those not predisposed against LG through hearsay or experience, could lead many to seriously consider another LG phone when it comes time to replace their N4. Lack of availability means many buyers will go with an alternative rather than wait, and the next most attractive options out there are not LG.

For Google, this is a wildly desirable phone that can at off-contract pricing attract customers currently using or considering devices of other platforms (ios, windows, etc). While the massive press surrounding its lack of availability is turning otherwise oblivious heads to notice the device, the N4's eventual return after a long absence from store/Play shelves will result in far fewer sales than had there been reasonable availability early on.

briankariu

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Lack of availability means many buyers will go with an alternative rather than wait, and the next most attractive options out there are not LG
You sir...I tip my hat off to you
And with CES coming up, where smartphones are lined up like ducks in a row, LG and Google are looking at a window that is closing up fast.
The Sony Yuga (I think) is a very serious contender to the throne.
And with 1080p screens around the corner, people will have a hard time justifying a nexus 4, especially if you can get the Sony Yuga for $200 or less on contract

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I think whoever is chosen to make it, we've seen that Google has been making good decisions in who to pick for the Nexus and I am honestly just happy to see different companies get chances with a Nexus push. It looked like Samsung had the Nexus line sewn up just a year ago.. and now look: Google has 3 different, low cost, high quality Nexus devices for sale by 3 different manufacturers - Nexus 4 / LG, Nexus 7 / Asus, Nexus 10 Samsung. In my opinion this is what the Nexus line should be about and it's an excellent push for the various Android OEMs, great deal for consumers, and just good for Android altogether :)
I couldn't agree more. I would be happy to see any manufacturer make the next phone. It would be cool to see Asus develop the next phone as I loved what I saw in the Pad phone and also love what they did with the transformer prime and N7.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Um, that's my point. No one is whining. I simply stated Google and LG made a mistake and are losing money because of it. The other member seems to think that this was launch was intentional.

You further enhanced my point when you said "go buy something else."

Mine is ordered, I'm patiently waiting for it to ship, so again, I don't know where you saw whining. I only argued this launch was a mistake and not some brilliantly planned marketing scheme, and that because of said mistake, these two companies are losing money.
I wasn't necessary referring to you about the whining. Sorry if I came across that way. But there certainly has been lots of whining. Just go spend some time reading in the N4 shipping notice threads. It's one long whine fest. Lol.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You sir...I tip my hat off to you
And with CES coming up, where smartphones are lined up like ducks in a row, LG and Google are looking at a window that is closing up fast.
The Sony Yuga (I think) is a very serious contender to the throne.
And with 1080p screens around the corner, people will have a hard time justifying a nexus 4, especially if you can get the Sony Yuga for $200 or less on contract
I really don't think it matters if people go to buy another device right now. There is only one Nexus 4 with the Pure Google experience, so when the phone is available people will buy it. Anyone not willing to wait doesn't care enough about that experience. The specs are high enough on the N4 that it can stay near the top for much longer than the Galaxy Nexus. So when it's available and people who need phones have to make a choice, I think the nexus 4 will still be on the short list.

I think this scenario would be completely different had it been a shortage on an non Nexus HTC phone or Samsung device. Their advertising and delivery is much different than the unadvertised niche market the Nexus 4 fills.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Why would you ever want Motorola to make a Nexus device every Motorola phone I've ever had was a piece of s*** Motorola makes junk they shouldve left the Nexus up to Samsung they did an awesome job with the galaxy Nexus trust me I own one :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Motorola's devices of late have been good. Only issues have been those SAMOLED Pentile qHD screens then tended to use were really pixelated and they didn't have the best camera software in their phones.

But that can be fixed. Other than that, I don't see the issue unless of course you don't like their design language, which is totally subjective.

jim302

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Where is the evidence that LG is limiting supply because they are upset about pricing? Many signs point to Google underestimating the demand. Even the Play Store wasn't prepared for the demand... and that is definitely not LG's fault. Hopefully, they are working with LG to increase production capacity, but these things don't happen overnight. Coordination is required between the manufacturing facilities and suppliers to make sure there are enough parts and manufacturing capacity to increase production.

Large companies like LG don't cut off supplies because they are upset about something. Look at Samsung... they have continued to supply parts to Apple despite all of the ridiculous patent lawsuits from Apple. While it does look as if they might finally be moving in different directions, but they have fulfilled all of their existing contracts. Large companies operate with legally binding contracts, and if they don't adhere to them, lawyers get involved.

For everyone who dislikes LG based on problems with previous phones: Remember, people used to hate Samsung as well, often for similar reasons. Samsung released two Nexus devices and and improved their own products, and now they are very well respected.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Let's assume 375,000 units sold is a correct number. Samsung made 500,000 Gnex's over the entire lifespan of that model, how was Google to know demand for the N4 was going to exceed that the very first day?

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
how was Google to know demand for the N4 was going to exceed that the very first day?
easy. its called a pre-order. they should've started it the day after having a real press event for it (not releasing a picture and a statement, i mean a real event, which should have been done in CA). it would at least give a general picture of demand.

micalilime

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi I need help. I am coming to you because u seem to be the most stable minded on here within the ten min or so I have been reading; I am new to this site and need to know how to post a forum re my lg android that i love however its getting some quirks that is becoming difficult to overlook. I guess my question is do I need to find a forum that is already started and ask via the thread or start my own forum because i cannot figure out to start my forum. I need advice from different people because it is several issues not just one that I need advice so was hoping to kill several birds w/ one stone...so to speak...ty if u have time to take out to write and help me....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aitana135332