LG G2 Black display but screen still works.

sandlily15

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I saw that someone posted the same situation back in May, but had no replies so I thought I would give it a try.
Two day's ago my Verizon LG G2 stopped working properly. I didn't drop it or get it wet so I don't know where the problem came from. The display stays black, but I can tell the screen still works because I can hear when I'm unlocking the phone with the swipe of my finger I also still receive texts and calls, and I can even call out but I have to do it through OK Google voice commands.
My phone is 3 weeks out of warranty... of course..
Any ideas what could be going on??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It may be that the LED backlight failed, while the digitizer remained intact. You'll probably have to bring it to a repair shop to check.

amphicar4

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact problem you are having this happened over the weekend on January 17 2015. I updated my phone on either the day of or before this issue occurred. I am very good to my phone and also take great care of it and swear I have never got this phone wet . took it to a Verizon wireless retail store and they were not able to tell me what was going on. I too hope someone can help both you and me with this issue. I was capable of very slowy getting to setting and display screen I screwed with the brithness to 100% and the time out to 15 seconds . nothing changed its issue.

MkVsTheWorld

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
where do you go to get the phone repaired? is the "LED backlight" something you can check out in settings
There are shops/kiosks in a lot of malls that can do this. You could also contact LG directly to arrange a repair, but that'll mean mailing it to them and being without for about a week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts