LG G2: camera lag and not focusing well?

Nabkawe5

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: camera lag and not focusing well?

I'm sure manufacturers don't take requests before building smartphones. The multipoint focus feature actually is quite popular and quite useful if I'm to believe what I've read on a few message boards. I like it.
Of course, your results may vary.
Please suggest a use case for Multiple focus points. :) ( I know there are but I'd rather focus faster.)

Powerplaygraphix

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site

I've noticed that using the "Intelligent Autofocus" helps quite a bit. I saw a significant difference with and without it.

darkwarrior158

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

I found out that if you go to the settings gear icon in the camera app, click focus, click manual. Then you can manually focus the camera perfectly.

Yasir Mansoor

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

Same thing happens with my G2 aswell

Outside Photography is alright but the moment you shoot at night in the room with all the lights switched on, it lags alot.
If LG can provide me email i will send them the Video of how things lag in the camera.

I need suggestion aswell if thats not the case with every G2 in the market, i'vent made a call yet so should i sell it or wait for the Software Update to get things fixed???

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

I haven't experienced these camera issues much. I mostly take outdoor pics during the day. Did have some lag with couple night pics, but at least they turned out great.

Posted via Android Central App

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Same thing happens with my G2 aswell

Outside Photography is alright but the moment you shoot at night in the room with all the lights switched on, it lags alot.
If LG can provide me email i will send them the Video of how things lag in the camera.

I need suggestion aswell if thats not the case with every G2 in the market, i'vent made a call yet so should i sell it or wait for the Software Update to get things fixed???

Which mode are you using?

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Ratcatcher7

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Mmmmmm....LG rep, have you actually tried taking photos in a dark environment with the G2? I guess you haven't because the problems are obvious (my G2 is running D80210B-EUR-XX). Pictures during the day or in well lit conditions are really very good but in dark environments (e.g. I tried to use my G2 in a nightclub last night) the focusing is extremely slow and the flash lights up the subjects for seconds (without taking the shot) then produces out of focus shots or photos completely washed out by the flash. Unusable to the point I had to borrow a friend's iPhone 4S (two generations older than the G2) to take the photo I wanted. Unacceptable LG. You KNOW the problem exists so a fix would be appreciated (if this isn't going to be my first and last LG product) :(

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

Mmmmmm....LG rep, have you actually tried taking photos in a dark environment with the G2? I guess you haven't because the problems are obvious (my G2 is running D80210B-EUR-XX). Pictures during the day or in well lit conditions are really very good but in dark environments (e.g. I tried to use my G2 in a nightclub last night) the focusing is extremely slow and the flash lights up the subjects for seconds (without taking the shot) then produces out of focus shots or photos completely washed out by the flash. Unusable to the point I had to borrow a friend's iPhone 4S (two generations older than the G2) to take the photo I wanted. Unacceptable LG. You KNOW the problem exists so a fix would be appreciated (if this isn't going to be my first and last LG product) :(

Uh you do know the scenario above is not completely the cameras fault....it has more to do with you and the environment. So you were in a club which is dark and has fast moving stuff going on. That right there is a bad scenario. Then you tried taking photos of a subject(s) in the poor lit area. The camera took a while to try and focus (normal for night shots)on moving subjects in poor lighting but the shots were washed out. I assume you remained perfectly still also. I'm not saying you do not know what you're doing but based on your scenario that's a lot to ask from a phone camera especially if you did not manipulate the settings manually which, is what I would have recommend. For any camera even dslr's night/low light shots are a challenge. You really need to know what you are doing in these situations to produce the best results.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

Same problem on Tmobile model.. plus the front facing camera is not great either.. lots of blurry pics

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

It amuses me when people think that cameras should somehow overcome the laws of physics.

Oh, and the pictures that the 4s took were complete ****e. I can guarantee that without even seeing them.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
It amuses me when people think that cameras should somehow overcome the laws of physics.

Oh, and the pictures that the 4s took were complete ****e. I can guarantee that without even seeing them.

The 4S is at least capable of taking a 2 outta 3 snapshots at a club will be usable, my S3 upped that to 4 outta 5.

The problem with the G2 is that it takes eons to focus while blinding the subjects with light, then blinds them yet again, after they think the camera should be done with the picture...and drunken people are looking at the camera like wut? when that second flash is coming along taking the picture...so they're in motion and the picture is blurry. (Yeah, it really does take that long.) My S3, my Rezound, my Droid Charge, and friend's iPhone 4Ses and 5s generally produce more reliable indoor dark atmosphere snapshots. When the G2's camera redeems itself in those scenarios, it's superior to all of them...but those shots are unfortunately the exception and not the rule. No I'm not hating or flaming, just stating my experience. I hope they get it resolved with a software update very quickly, as the hardware is certainly there. I might just try another app too.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

The 4S is at least capable of taking a 2 outta 3 snapshots at a club will be usable, my S3 upped that to 4 outta 5.

The problem with the G2 is that it takes eons to focus while blinding the subjects with light, then blinds them yet again, after they think the camera should be done with the picture...and drunken people are looking at the camera like wut? when that second flash is coming along taking the picture...so they're in motion and the picture is blurry. (Yeah, it really does take that long.) My S3, my Rezound, my Droid Charge, and friend's iPhone 4Ses and 5s generally produce more reliable indoor dark atmosphere snapshots. When the G2's camera redeems itself in those scenarios, it's superior to all of them...but those shots are unfortunately the exception and not the rule. No I'm not hating or flaming, just stating my experience. I hope they get it resolved with a software update very quickly, as the hardware is certainly there. I might just try another app too.

Or just learn how to take pictures with a camera that uses a focus light.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

When you say it takes EON's to focus how long is that? And, why are your subjects moving if you are taking a night shot? In no light situations my G2 takes three seconds to light the subject, focus and capture the image. I have tested this multiple times with zero artificial lighting. My G2 outperforms my S3 hands down in the same scenario. A software update is not going to correct the mistake you are making while trying to take night photos.....

lutin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

Or just learn how to take pictures with a camera that uses a focus light.

<s>That's great advice!! Also maybe he should give a quick lesson to anyone he's taking the photo of on how to be an ideal G2 photo subject!</s>

You seem to be ignoring the fact that he's saying that other camera phones take better photos under the same conditions. That's what he's complaining about.

Pantothenic

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

I was having major issues with this phone's camera. Every pic was a blurry mess unless the subject was perfectly still. Downloaded VSCO camera app from the Play Store and so far my pics are crystal clear.

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

When you say it takes EON's to focus how long is that? And, why are your subjects moving if you are taking a night shot? In no light situations my G2 takes three seconds to light the subject, focus and capture the image. I have tested this multiple times with zero artificial lighting. My G2 outperforms my S3 hands down in the same scenario. A software update is not going to correct the mistake you are making while trying to take night photos.....

In a dark situation, it takes roughly 4.5 seconds to take a picture from the time I press go on my G2. Roughly 3 seconds of focusing with flash...a pause, then a flash again. My S3 takes about 2.5 seconds from start to capture the same image. That's nearly twice the time as my S3. I'm not trying to capture people who are in motion, but it seems they end up in motion because of the extremely slow focusing. Keep in mind my fully stock Verizon G2 spends more time focusing with its flash on than my fully stock Verizon S3 spends focusing and capturing the picture. That, good sir or ma'am, is an EON to a tipsy friend. Both cameras are on their default fully automatic modes. I've tried both standard automatic and iA on the G2...perhaps you know a magic formula of settings that you'd care to share so I can achieve the same quick capture times you are?

With the advent of SIM cards, fortunately this is an easy switch...til LG gets this fixed with a software update, my S3 will be my bar and club phone. The S3's camera had a bad spell at the beginning of Jellybean...so I do have faith.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site

In a dark situation, it takes roughly 4.5 seconds to take a picture from the time I press go on my G2. Roughly 3 seconds of focusing with flash...a pause, then a flash again. My S3 takes about 2.5 seconds from start to capture the same image. That's nearly twice the time as my S3. I'm not trying to capture people who are in motion, but it seems they end up in motion because of the extremely slow focusing. Keep in mind my fully stock Verizon G2 spends more time focusing with its flash on than my fully stock Verizon S3 spends focusing and capturing the picture. That, good sir or ma'am, is an EON to a tipsy friend. Both cameras are on their default fully automatic modes. I've tried both standard automatic and iA on the G2...perhaps you know a magic formula of settings that you'd care to share so I can achieve the same quick capture times you are?

With the advent of SIM cards, fortunately this is an easy switch...til LG gets this fixed with a software update, my S3 will be my bar and club phone. The S3's camera had a bad spell at the beginning of Jellybean...so I do have faith.

No magic formula and I hear what you are saying. Maybe LG will update the firmware for the camera to better suit the type of shots you like to take. In the meantime, try to get your tipsy friends to sit still a second longer which, is probably an even bigger challenge.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

lutin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

I was having major issues with this phone's camera. Every pic was a blurry mess unless the subject was perfectly still. Downloaded VSCO camera app from the Play Store and so far my pics are crystal clear.
Any chance of some comparison shots?

vetkos

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site

I have the same issues with camera..I went to the shop where I bought my phone, and tried another LG G2 phone, it had the same problem with camera..it lags so much on low light

Seems like its software issue. Hope LG will fix this problem with software updates

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe