LG G2: camera lag and not focusing well?

kollarism

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: camera lag and not focusing well?

Overall, I'm happy with the camera. Excellent photos 8/10 times, but low-moderate light will take awhile to focus. I generally just take a bunch of pictures and choose the best one.

Has anyone tried an alternate app from the Play store with success?

Sapphie7

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Overall, the G2 is a great phone but the camera does suck as far as focus lag, colors and details when zooming (indoors and outdoors). I bought it because I liked the screen and heard this had a great camera. It doesn't. I've tried everything- changing settings, pixels, using apps. I rarely use flash and the few times I have it's blinding (like my mother's S4). Nothing makes this camera as good as my old Rezound. So glad I kept it. That is quicker and takes better photos so I use that one for photos while using the LG for all else. Sucks because now I deal with 3 phones during the day (work, personal and camera phone). I love taking pictures of nature, my pets and friends/family. I'm not going to miss an opportunity for an awesomely random image to be captured because the phone is taking 4 seconds to focus. I even have side by side comparisons of both phone images and the Rezound consistently kicks ****. Wish there were a fix.

Harryd#AC

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Regarding the camera focusing lag and inability to take good photos in low light, has anyone been able
to re-evaluate this scenario following the recent OTA Update?
I am considering purchasing the LG G2 on Verizon, but with grand-children, I really would like a premium camera.
Thank you.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
The update made the camera better, but it's still a little slow to focus. I have a 14 month old and usually get better shots using the sport setting since he's always on the go. Stationary pics are phenomenal though.

Posted via Android Central App

dgcamero

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Regarding the camera focusing lag and inability to take good photos in low light, has anyone been able
I am considering purchasing the LG G2 on Verizon, but with grand-children, I really would like a premium camera.
Thank you.

It's great outside, but still not very good inside unless the subjects are perfectly still for 5 seconds at a time and are capable of waiting through two flashes before moving.

Brent Fredryk

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

Thank you.

I have been using Lenovo Super Camera app over on XDA forums. It takes better low light pictures and the overall camera app is better IMO. Give it a try!

[APP] [10.01.2014] [UPDATED] Lenovo Super Camera v3.5.6 - xda-developers

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
So since starting this thread I got rid of the g2 soon after but just acquiescence again via trade. I'm still so disappointed with the camera in my home. Capturing pictures of my animals comes out just terrible.

Anyone have specific settings or tips?

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Bump - It's taking me an embarrassingly long time to take any indoor shots in low lighting. Most recently I was out at a wedding and my friends had to pose for what felt like ages. Are there any free or paid camera apps that will shoot faster?

Ibra Gooner

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
hey man, can u tell me the steps of how to do this exactly !!
i'm newbie who just got a G2 a week ago and the camera experience been pretty disappointing tbh

Fr3dY

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

Hi,

I also noticed how bad the G2 stock camera performs in low-light situations. Luckily, xdabbeb's camera MOD has been released as a normal APP (XCam LG) available at the same xda forum thread, and it works great (I use 'Intelligent Auto' setting mostly). Hope you like it.

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

Hi,

I also noticed how bad the G2 stock camera performs in low-light situations. Luckily, xdabbeb's camera MOD has been released as a normal APP (XCam LG) available at the same xda forum thread, and it works great (I use 'Intelligent Auto' setting mostly). Hope you like it.

Hey Thanks , the app works great. Do you think it is worth it to buy the companion app from the play store? It's $1.99 and is supposed to unlock certain settings.

Fr3dY

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

It could be nice, although at this moment I don't need that extra functionality (I'll buy it or donate just for supporting the author).
By the way, version 5.1.2 has been released.

JJ Jones

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
His camera mod is awesome. I still feel his version 3.2 is all around better (focuses soooooo fast), but it's only available for rooted devices.

Krabbe Gurgel

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problems, the biggest ones are trying to record something inside that's not lighted up as if it's outside. And when in record mode, the camera never focuses. Always when I want to shoot something memorable. :/