LG G3 Bluetooth Audio Issue

AustinHans

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

So ever since I updated to Lollipop in March (I'm with MTS) my Bluetooth audio with my pioneer double din stereo in my truck only works for about it a minute and a half then the signal seems to go weak and it gets really choppy and skips really bad. If I pause the song and wait 30 seconds itll sound fine again but only for about another minute and a half. Bluetooth audio works fine with my little Bluetooth speaker. Anyone else ever had this?

Posted via the Android Central App

AustinHans

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I should add that I've tried resetting the phone, turning WiFi off, and disconnecting and reconnecting my phone to this stereo.

Posted via the Android Central App

supersneak

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello AustinHans

This seems to be a Lollipop problem afflicting a number of different devices including LG, Samsung and HTC phones. Hopefully it will be fixed in Lollipop 5.1 or M - whichever is released first.

What app are you using for music?

Poweramp has a number of settings which may help reducing the stutter issue.

In Audio Advanced Tweaks I have set Audio Buffer Size to +750ms, Audio Thread Priority to Highest and set Headset/Bluetooth to High Priority. These settings have greatly reduced the occurrence of any stutter on my G3.

UberTechc4

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello AustinHans

This seems to be a Lollipop problem afflicting a number of different devices including LG, Samsung and HTC phones. Hopefully it will be fixed in Lollipop 5.1 or M - whichever is released first.

What app are you using for music?

Poweramp has a number of settings which may help reducing the stutter issue.

In Audio Advanced Tweaks I have set Audio Buffer Size to +750ms, Audio Thread Priority to Highest and set Headset/Bluetooth to High Priority. These settings have greatly reduced the occurrence of any stutter on my G3.

I've tried setting the Audio Buffer Size to +750, and every other option on there and it still stutters after 30 seconds of Bluetooth playback. This problem started when I updated to Lollipop. I did a factory reset, and that did make the phone more smooth, but the bluetooth audio problem still exists.

Will rooting and flashing a custom rom fix this problem? If its a custom rom based on lolipop, will it most likely still cause the problem?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caroltheresa61