LG G3 Cases

DocToxyn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I picked up two Fintie Smart Circle cases from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KL...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3777708

We got them mostly as a cheap way to try out some of the Quick Circle features and determine if we would really use the OEM version enough to justify the higher cost. As I'm trying things out I thought I'd post some pics/thoughts.

Overall it's a decent case. Build is sufficient, not impressive, but not horrible either. Some of the corners of the camera cut out need more glue, but other than that it's solid. To that end it's also rather thick, party because of the materials and partly because of the design of incorporating a back that snaps over the existing phone back cover. It's not keeping me from using the case but definitely a change from my Ghostek.

The Quick Circle window came with a plastic window instead of being open. It more or less worked but wasn't snappy like a naked screen. A quick mod with an exacto knife solved that. The app features and magnet sleep/wake worked fine although the magnet they used seemed like overkill. I can stick the case and phone vertically on the fridge and it's remains there.

Bottom line, the case works and if you want to try out a flip case with the Quick Circle option without breaking the bank, consider this case.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• download_20140719_093828.jpg
    download_20140719_093828.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 343

parapluie

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Looks sharp xPNUTx! I ordered the Spigen Slim Armor in Metal Slate last night and I'm very excited to pair it with my white LG G3! I also have the original screen protector on like you do while I wait for my screen protectors to be delivered.

Would love to see pics of the metal slate color once you get it!

xPNUTx, the mint looks great!

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Actually decided on an Alcantara slip cover I found on Etsy as well as a few more cases. Yea I like having multiple choices lol.

Posted via Android Central App from Raider Nation

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Got the Otterbox Defender. It's very slim compared to other phones I have had. Unfortunately I need the extra protection for work otherwise I would go without any case.

dlh

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the Spigen slim armor for bein outside when I need more protection and the Spigen ultra fit for the skin profile for daily use. Both are great. Had them within a day on Amazon prime.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I want to buy this Verus Layered Dandy Wine Red Wallet Case for my sister. I think that it looks good but I have never used a wallet case myself. Does anyone here has some experience with this case? or in general Versus wallet cases?
Amazon.com: LG G3 Case, Verus [Limited Edition] LG G3 Wallet Case [Layered Dandy Dairy] [Wine Red] - Premium Vintage PU Leather Wallet Cover - Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, International, and Unlocked - Leather Case for LG Optimus G3 D850 VS985 D8
View attachment 128485

I had a wallet case on my iPhone and loved it, but it put the cards in the back, not in front of the screen. Every time I've tried the cards in front of the screen, they always leave marks on my screen.

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my G3 from about 3 and a half feet accidentally with the LG circle case. The screen did not shatter but chipped on the corner and was scratched in a few places on the bathroom floor of a motel. I was shocked at how little protection this case provides. This was the day before I will be arriving home to put the G3 in a real protective case waiting at my house. Just a heads up to those thinking about buying this case. The circle case sucks at protection. The phone is still fully operational and hopefully the chipped corner will not be too noticed once it is in a more protective case. Fair warning to those considering the circle case. I haven't dropped my phone in a number of years and considered myself very careful. Don't think it can't happen to you.

EDIT: Found these when I arrived home but chose the Fosmon over the Spigen since it has more protection top and bottom as well as the kickstand.

View attachment 127635

View attachment 127636
I am using the Spigen screen protector that came with the case though, which seems to hide the scratches pretty well. Looks nice enough for me to wait till the 805 version of the G3 comes out.

Last edited:

jcampbell1070

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have the spigen slim armor and the Verizon glass screen protector. Does the case fit good around the glass.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Love the fit of this case, and best of all naturally it covers the Verizon logo (added bonus)

Diggin the two-tone.

$16.99 on Amazon..

Attachments

• 10700.jpg
    10700.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 131
  • 10699.jpg
    10699.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 129

Parnelli98

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have the spigen slim armor and the Verizon glass screen protector. Does the case fit good around the glass.

I have the slim armor, and it fits good around the phone, no problems with the glass, speakers, camera, flash or laser. Very well constructed IMHO. I'm not using a Verizon screen protector, but Spigen's Crystal CR screen protector. Covers the entire face of the phone, and is another quality product. I do not work for Spigen BTW!

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
That's right. I forgot I did that.
Amnesia strikes at will. :)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

How do you feel about the screen protector? It does fit right up against the display but not sure I'm digging the oil look. Wonder how easy it is to remove the screen protector

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
How do you feel about the screen protector? It does fit right up against the display but not sure I'm digging the oil look. Wonder how easy it is to remove the screen protector

I notice the screen protector looking kind of weird with the screen off. But once the screen is on, it looks, feels and responds perfectly.
Grab an X-Acto knife and it should come off easy.
Let us know if you do that and how it does.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I notice the screen protector looking kind of weird with the screen off. But once the screen is on, it looks, feels and responds perfectly.
Grab an X-Acto knife and it should come off easy.
Let us know if you do that and how it does.

I just removed the screen protector (much better now, IMO) I suppose if you bought the case for the built-in screen protector they did a damn good job of making sure it fit properly. However i'm not a big fan of screen protectors but i do love the case design.

It was really easy to remove the screen protector, its held in using a thin strip of high-bond tape (almost like a thin strip of tape) it pops out pretty easy and I used some ISO alcohol to clean up the rest. The thin bar across the front facing camera and speaker area is very flimsy, so if you do remove the screen protector be aware of this. I don't think it would take much to snap that piece.

carney198

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Well I put my Ringke Slim case on today (as well as a tempered glass screen protector) and I must say it is amazing... Can't even feel any extra bulk and it looks dead smart on the device. I actually got the white one to contrast against the black phone and it looks perfect.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felisovci