LG G3 on Sprint. Is it worth it, what are your thoughts?

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello All

Just want to get some help from you current G3 owners. :)

I have a EVO LTE on Sprint and was thinking about upgrading. Now my wife has a gold G3 on Sprint and she loves it. I on the other hand have not had enough play time with it to make a good choice on it. Only 2 things I know about it is that I love the screen, and the camera takes pretty good pictures.

The other phones I am considering is the galaxy note 4 and the Sony Z3. It appears as if the Z3 won't be making it to Sprint so that's a no go, and that leaves the Note 4.

Pros I see on the Note 4 are:
-metal construction(plastic back kinda makes it feel the same though)
-stylus
-fastercpu/gpu
-higher mp camera (possibly better?)

Cons to me on the Note 4 are:
-size
-physical button fingerprint scanner

AS far as the G3 the Pros to me are
-smaller form factor that feels good in the hand
-good camera

Cons for the G3 :
-rear buttons
-801 cpu (read alot of comments about how it struggles with 1440p)

I'll add more to those lists as I remember, but for the most part thats what sticks out the most to me.

I personally like a good mix of aesthetics and performance. To me the Lg G3 looks better and feels better in the hands compared to the note 4, but it seems the note 4 has the G3 beat on both cpu/gpu performance and camera. That for me right now is where most of my decision making is focused.

Should I be worried about the performance of the G3 with the 801? Have updates improved on this significantly?
How is battery life?
What about developer support? I like to tinker with roms/kernels etc and the EVOLTE I currently have did not see alot of backing.

If there are any pluses you guys have experienced for yourselves please post. (for either device)

Thanks all in advance.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Factor in the Quick Circle case and the rear buttons will hardly ever be used.
Factor in all the neat things you can do with the Quick Circle case.
Battery life is fantastic (compared to my old HTC One (M7)
Factor in wireless charging, even with the Quick Circle case.
Did I mention the Quick Circle case?
What's the big deal about a metal case? Doesn't the metal shield the RF signal?
Will you be putting the phone in a case anyway?
The Quick Circle case has a great feel, not slippery like a metal case might be.
Metal scratches, dents, and is so thin it really isn't that strong. A beer can is metal. Is it that strong?
And don't forget the Quick Circle case.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the HTC One M7 over to the LG G3 on Sprint I am very happy. The rear buttons can be awkward at first but now a week or so down the road I don't even think about it.

Battery life is great, display and other factors you mentioned. Processor speed is nice, I have little if any lag or slow down.

Don't forget you have a 14 day test drive/return policy at Sprint... So give it a spin, don't like it go back and get the Note 4 !

OLD_HATCH

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Factor in the Quick Circle case and the rear buttons will hardly ever be used.
Factor in all the neat things you can do with the Quick Circle case.
Battery life is fantastic (compared to my old HTC One (M7)
Factor in wireless charging, even with the Quick Circle case.
Did I mention the Quick Circle case?
What's the big deal about a metal case? Doesn't the metal shield the RF signal?
Will you be putting the phone in a case anyway?
The Quick Circle case has a great feel, not slippery like a metal case might be.
Metal scratches, dents, and is so thin it really isn't that strong. A beer can is metal. Is it that strong?
And don't forget the Quick Circle case.

lol

I take it you like the quick circle case. I'll keep that in mind. It comes with qi charging correct?
Coming from the HTC One M7 over to the LG G3 on Sprint I am very happy. The rear buttons can be awkward at first but now a week or so down the road I don't even think about it.

Battery life is great, display and other factors you mentioned. Processor speed is nice, I have little if any lag or slow down.

Don't forget you have a 14 day test drive/return policy at Sprint... So give it a spin, don't like it go back and get the Note 4 !

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely keep that in mind.

From what I've researched online it seems picture taking ability seems to be on par with the note 4. Certain situations will favor one or the other. Coming from an HTC the lack of camera adjustments is a little disappointing. Does anyone know if this will change with the 5.0 update?