LG G3 What phone did you come from?

Liljay86

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: What phone did you come from?

I came from a Samsung Galaxy s4 and im not looking back for 1sec. I like everything about the G3, the back of the phone don't even feel like plastic one bit. I been with Samsung phones for awhile and decided i needed a change so G3 it was, fell in love with it since the conference. IMO i think the G3 back fills way better then the Note 3 back, just my opinion.

FluxTZ

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Came from the Galaxy Nexus so not having a pure Google experience has taken some getting used to but I love the phone so far.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

See that's the problem, everyone has their opinion, so threads like this mean nothing. Look at phone yourself and get what you like, doesn't matter what others like. But imo, the g3 feels just as plasticity as the s4. Although the g3 is not as slippery as the s4.

Also, you should think the g3 is better then the s4, the g3 has better specs, faster phone, and a lot of the features the note 3 has, and the s4 is a older phone.

Again not saying the g3 is a bad phone, for me the note 3 is better

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TheAlmightyDrew

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

I had the G2. Definitely liking the G3 better. I could have waited since the G2 is still an amazing phone in its own right, but I didn't see a reason to.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

See that's the problem, everyone has their opinion, so threads like this mean nothing. Look at phone yourself and get what you like, doesn't matter what others like. But imo, the g3 feels just as plasticity as the s4. Although the g3 is not as slippery as the s4.

Also, you should think the g3 is better then the s4, the g3 has better specs, faster phone, and a lot of the features the note 3 has, and the s4 is a older phone.

Again not saying the g3 is a bad phone, for me the note 3 is better

Each has their own take and opinions will be vast on various aspect of any phone.

The build & design although still plastic as a majority will confirm no doubt (can't set in concrete as I don't have statistics ) that the way they have been implemented is of a premium feel. Even when rear cover removed it doesn't bend like the Note 3 this helps in some aspects of rigidity. What I mean is that it provides that less hollow feel. Its almost unibody in terms of feel on the G3.

A solid, slick and well designed phone.

But not all will share and that is cool we all have our preferences :)

Posted via Android Central App

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site

I love the opinions. Most people here love their phones which is great. Most also give the good and bad about their phones which helps everyone. If you don't like opinions this is not the place for you.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Each has their own take and opinions will be vast on various aspect of any phone.

The build & design although still plastic as a majority will confirm no doubt (can't set in concrete as I don't have statistics ) that the way they have been implemented is of a premium feel. Even when rear cover removed it doesn't bend like the Note 3 this helps in some aspects of rigidity. What I mean is that it provides that less hollow feel. Its almost unibody in terms of feel on the G3.

A solid, slick and well designed phone.

But not all will share and that is cool we all have our preferences :)

Absolutely!! The way LG designed this phone is impressive in my opinion. Its so impressive that a lot of people that I showed it to thought it was actually made of some type of metal! Now thats a premium 'feeling/looking' device if you ask me!

I came from an S3 that worked very well for my use but the G3 has surpassed my expectations.

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Had the M8, because of lost screen space and inferior camera I switched to the S5. Lag and bad low res pics drove me crazy so I gave the G3 a try.
Love it so far! Best Android phone I've had to date.

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site

Had the g2 and feel like g2 owners paved the way for this awesome phone. Before that I was an ios lock for years,I don't see going back to that. Androids arrow is pointing way up.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Have a few phones right now. I just sold my Moto X, possibly my favorite phone but the successor should be coming soon and I still have my Nexus 5 which I will keep cause I like to try out the latest updates. Also have a lumia 925 which I have for the camera as my other two phones were mediocre in the camera department. If I keep my G3, I will probably sell the lumia as the WP line is just stagnant and the G3 camera is superb from what I have seen! I have till Tuesday to decide if I will keep the G3...still going back and forth. I might return it and wait to see if an unlocked version comes out. Not happy with some of the things ATT did to this device...I would gladly spend my $627 on an unlocked version.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Samsung Galaxy S4. I'm glad I left though the overheating on the S4 wasn't half as bad as I originally thought it was.... stupid G3 that I'm keeping lol

Sent from my p7-1534 using Tapatalk

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Came from the HTC One M7....definitely digging this phone. Even though the One was metal, I still kept it in a case because it was too slippery. Its weird that Verizon didn't include LGs stock browser...

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I love the opinions. Most people here love their phones which is great. Most also give the good and bad about their phones which helps everyone. If you don't like opinions this is not the place for you.

I chose bad wording on my post, I was trying to say everyone has their own opinion, but you have to form your own opinion for yourself, what you and I like aren't necessarily what others will like. I'm not trying to bash the phone, it seems good to me, but I prefer what I have is all

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

iPhone 5s. Had it since January. Before that I had the st note 2 s3 nexus s etc... My home is full of Apple products and My gf had a 5s as well as friends and family having iPhones so it made sense for facetime, imessage, and sharing photos via photostream. I missed android but the benefits of everything I said above made sense. However my phone fell and the cracked this week so I weighed my options. I decided to take advantage of the att next program and go for the G3 and best buy has a great promo for a $100 gift card so I went for it. I definitely missed android. Loving the G3. I even convinced my gf to switch after all of the flexibility she saw I had compared to the iPhone. I have 14 days for an exchange but I don't see myself going back.