LG G4: Are you getting one?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Depends because they haven't announced pricing but we will see. Sad that there is no wireless charging as I already have a charger for my Nexus 5. Will there be some way to modify the G4 to allow wireless charging?

Posted via the Android Central App

LG will most likely sell an accessory (another back to buy) where it will enable wireless charging.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Depends because they haven't announced pricing but we will see. Sad that there is no wireless charging as I already have a charger for my Nexus 5. Will there be some way to modify the G4 to allow wireless charging?

Via a case, an optional folio case LG offers.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I like what I see in the LG G4, the Battery, Display and Camera. Lets not forget the removable back. I will have to hold off for awhile and see what Google offers in the next Nexus. Sure hope it is another LG based phone and based on the G4. I have Nexus 5 now and would find it hard to give up the virgin Android. Lets wait watch and listen.

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Being a G3 owner I am happy with what the G4 offers and in terms of sheer functionality for daily usage for me it seems it is better than the SGS6 i was considering, that being said SD card is a must for me and decent battery life so the S6 was already fighting an uphill battle, as things stand the only thing the S6 offers better are benchmarks and I don't intend to use my phone for benchmarking. Cheers.

pleezzzz

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
upgrade from my g3 to this ,hell yea pricing same as the g3 when it came out so why not my bill won't go up,and it's better or imho looks better and the camera looks better,love the fly bye on the drone,,hope verizon donesnt try to get their name on the leather,lol.that would suck

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how I feel about the UI on the G4. It still looks cluttered to me, am I alone here? And LG also seems to be in love with the 3,000 mAh battery. If you're sticking with the removable battery, why not put a bigger one in from the get go? Although I may have just answered my own question. I guess that's how they keep the cost "down".

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I don't know how I feel about the UI on the G4. It still looks cluttered to me, am I alone here? And LG also seems to be in love with the 3,000 mAh battery. If you're sticking with the removable battery, why not put a bigger one in from the get go? Although I may have just answered my own question. I guess that's how they keep the cost "down".

Yep and a bigger battery equals bigger phone, so 3000mAh is plenty if the right software and hardware use it properly.

blessedred

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

I think its just you. I like the way it looks now but I can deal without the home screen to the left. *I'll try to put Blinkfeed on it* And as long as the battery lasts a full day who cares what size it is?

pleezzzz

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
ahhh probably more for the leather back probably 650 at verizon or 700 for leather about a month to wait for pricing ,for real be nice at 600 without leather and 650 with.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

3,000 mAh battery, you may want a larger one if it was not removable. Being removable though you can just swap it. I get almost a day from my 2300 mAh battery with 700 more mAh I believe I could make a day.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I liked almost everything I saw in the presentation. No built in wireless charging is kind of disappointing, but not a deal breaker. Now I just need to see battery life reviews and hold the phone.

Sent from my LG G2 running CM 12

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
3k is larger than the competition, no? Not the big phones, but bigger than the other regular phones.

Nexus 6 Assassin Edition. Android Central Moderator.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe. Depends on the camera, specifically, how well it handles in low light. Willing to trade off a lot for better low light camera performance, so if it beats the S6 there, then yeah.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
My guess is battery life will be reasonable, due to the Lollipop problem.

Then when they sort the Lollipop battery drain this phone is going to be able to last for days

oldschoolsig

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Curious about bumpers or cases that allow you keep the leather make but protect all else. That would me what I would look for

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15