LG G4 H810 with H81510b software

simonwhiteuk

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I have a new LG G4 phone. Behind the battery the model number says H810, but when I go to the software version on my phone, it says H81510b, which I would assume should be for the H815 model, not mine.

Furthermore, I have tried to update the firmware but when I click on Update Center, the screen quickly skips to App Updates for the LG apps, so I can't update the firmware. I have tried to connect the phone to LG G4 on my computer, but LG Bridge doesn't recognise my phone, even when in MTP mode. Something doesn't seem right.

I hope someone can help me. My end goal is to update my phone to marshmallow.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What's the history behind that phone? H810 is the AT&T LG G4 model... H815 is the UK model (10B is the version of software you are running).

Where did you buy it? The firmware really should match the actual model... while some can intermix (the UK and AT&T models might be somewhat interchangeable). But if they are, you might see some freaky stuff like you mentioned.

simonwhiteuk

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
I bought it on ebay and got it today. It was new and sealed.

My phone says my phone is H815T in the settings menu, despite the box and behind phone battery saying H810 and SKU 6781A.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
From what I know the H810 is an AT&T model of the LG G4. It may have to be activate on AT&T network to properly update.

Could you post a screen shot of your settings/about phone/software info

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I would believe the phone backing under the battery. Obviously different model software ended up on it but for all purposes it is a H810, AT&T model LG G4

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, what is on the phone and box is the hardware model, what the phone reports in the settings is the model that is set in the software. You have a H810 LG G4... dunno... the seller could have bought a batch of AT&T models on sale and loaded them with the UK firmware (which might command a higher price)... not sure. I would contact the seller and ask them a few questions.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
And from researching the H815T is linked to the Hong Kong version of the LG G4... Yes this is a pita

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Going off what LeoRex said, the seller probably got a batch of AT&T models then unlocked /rooted the phones to place a different (international) version software on the device. In this case its the Hong Kong version software. Then locked and unrooted the phone up to sell it.

simonwhiteuk

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your response guys. It must have been resealed somehow if that is true. So if I try to flash the ROM with the H810 version, would that brick my phone do you think?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your response guys. It must have been resealed somehow if that is true. So if I try to flash the ROM with the H810 version, would that brick my phone do you think?

No clue.. Different software and the main part (radios) is usually the scary and dangerous part.

Tread lightly friend.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

If you load the full, CORRECT factory image for that phone, with the correct method, you should be fine. Now, the problem that remains is that you are in the UK and the phone you have was designed for the AT&T US market. Checking some reference material, the AT&T model appears to lack some of the bands that some UK carriers use. This could very well just be that the UK model has additional software and the AT&T doesn't.... I assume the phone is fully functional?

But back to your original issue... updates. Your phone appears to be on 10C, which is ye ol' build for the G4. And since you are mix n' match, your phone is mostly ignored by LG's update system. I think most are up to around 20j, which is Android 6.0.1 I believe.

So your options are

a) Manually load the latest and greatest AT&T firmware that matches your device but MIGHT NOT match your carrier
b) Manually load the latest and greatest H815 UK firmware (20j) and cross your fingers that there wasn't any divergence between 5.0 and 6.0 that could cause problems.
c) contact the seller and ask him what the hell is up with them sending you a US model and passing it off as a UK one.

You might want to go check out the G4 board over on XDA as well... see if someone there has some experience with mixing firmware like that (my guess is there will be) G4 General

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uaintshit