LG G4 loudness with earphones??

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
So I tried a G4 in a showroom yesterday with my in ear Hifiman RE272, the volume and loudness were much lower than my M9 (tried the same song).
Knowing there are apps like Viper4Android that can boost up the max volume, anyone tried them and if yes how louder did you get? Much louder or just a bit louder?
It's important for me as I use my smartphone as music player in my car and for sports.
This is the only thing stopping from swapping my M9 with G4, I don't ask for the same level of loudness but at least something close

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The max volume probably won't be as loud as the M8/9, but you shouldn't be using it over about halfway anyway. It's damaging to your ears. If you're in too loud of an environment to hear it at that volume, I'd recommend listening to it some other way

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
With my M9 I can go up to step 8 over 10 in volume, but with the G4 even at 10 over 10 it was like step 6 on the M9.
So if I can somehow reach level 8 of the M9 on the G4 I will be more than pleased, BTW the Hifiman are earphones that need a little more power coming from the smartphone to give a good level of loudness.
I know when volume can hurt my ears ;)
How is the volume with BT? I noticed today that the Note 4 BT audio was louder than wired!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
The max volume probably won't be as loud as the M8/9, but you shouldn't be using it over about halfway anyway. It's damaging to your ears. If you're in too loud of an environment to hear it at that volume, I'd recommend listening to it some other way

This is the best advice! You don't want tinnitus like I have. It sucks!!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
With my M9 I can go up to step 8 over 10 in volume, but with the G4 even at 10 over 10 it was like step 6 on the M9.
So if I can somehow reach level 8 of the M9 on the G4 I will be more than pleased, BTW the Hifiman are earphones that need a little more power coming from the smartphone to give a good level of loudness.
I know when volume can hurt my ears ;)
How is the volume with BT? I noticed today that the Note 4 BT audio was louder than wired!

I don't have any Bluetooth IEMs so I'm not sure. IEMs don't usually need much power at all to be driven through. And the sound isolation they offer usually cancels out any difference in power required vs cheaper/lower end ones

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I just need to know if these apps can do a good difference in volume or just a bit. I use my smartphone with my car audio mainly with BT and sometimes AUX, so volume output is important for me

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried going into a store and downloading Volume+ (or whatever app you want to try) on one of the demo phones? Just sign in with your gmail account (then remove it before you leave), or create a dummy account on gmail before you go. I'm pretty sure you can't download an app from the play store if it's not signed in to an actual gmail account.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I already went 3 times, the saleswoman are the same I don't want to look like I am abusing. There are no other LG showrooms in my area

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I already went 3 times, the saleswoman are the same I don't want to look like I am abusing. There are no other LG showrooms in my area

Well, that's what the phones are there for...you to try them out.

I can tell you that my G4 is plenty loud using my bluetooth JayBird headphones. As a specific example, I ride a bike (bicycle) on 20 to 30 mile rides at 20 to 30 mph while listening to audio books. It creates a tremendous amount of wind noise and I can here my books just fine, though I'm probably one bump down from max volume, but again, it's a lot of wind noise to overcome.

I'd go back to the store and try it out after downloaded whatever app you want to use. Otherwise, you'll have to just buy the phone, and if you can't make it work, take it back.

robmom71

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
My son has the M9 and I have the G4 so I'd be happy to do a side by side comparison with a any volume booster that your interested in.

Just let me know which one your interested in and I'll get back to you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
My son has the M9 and I have the G4 so I'd be happy to do a side by side comparison with a any volume booster that your interested in.

Just let me know which one your interested in and I'll get back to you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks!
If you rooted your G4 please try Viper4android, you will have some options to boost the volume in the expert user interface
If not rooted then Neutron or Jetaudio can let you increase the Gain control.
V4A works well on my M9, but the others 2 get the sound buffled if I increase the Gain, though it's because HTC integrated a hardware limited I think, on the s6 I had it wasn't the case, I could increase the gain without getting the sound muffled. Let's see with the G4 then :)

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Tested a friend's Note 4 today in my car, both Bt and Aux connections were giving loud volume, BT was even louder than my M9 + V4A. It looks like my Hifiman RE 272 have a high impedance and so need more power than my car's stereo. Only the M9 can give such a power.
So it looks like I will have to buy a lower quality earphones to match the G4's volume...IF the G4 is like the Note 4.
Dunno if someone here have both phones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays