LG G5 or S7 Edge?

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
HEY guys since 2 awesome phones are launched at mwc...I stayed away from Samsung when they removed sd card slot and removable battery...I have used major Samsung phone but after few months they lagged badly...my last Samsung was note 4 dual sim..
now iam using Lumia 950 ds and G4...now really confused between G5 and S7 EDGE.
what are u guys planning to buy ?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: CONFUSED between LG G5 and S7 edge

If you are asking in the s7e forum then of course s7e would be the answer. They are both great phones but personally I like the larger screen and I think that the s7e would have the better camera for low light motion.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
LG however has some questionable logic... Trying to prove that the g5 is better than the s7.

uploadfromtaptalk1456503233807.png

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Reading the LG G5 forum it seems a lot of LG owners will be moving along to something else.

I am a G2 then G4 owner.... Now switching to Samsung S7 edge.

I will miss back buttons, which LG ditched anyways, and knock on. G4 boot loop issue I had didn't help me stay with LG either. Then G5 goes out and makes a bigger phone with a smaller screen? They should have somehow kept the G2 bezels for all renditions.

I almost think LG tried to get to far outside the box. I really don't think consumers are going to buy the "friends" stuff. People generally will not put add on stuff on thier phone outside of cases.

Good news is if you get the G5, I suspect the camera and sound modules are going to be 80% off in a year.

GSOgymrat

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
The 5.3 inch screen on the LG G5 is a deal breaker for me because I like large phones. I seriously considered the LG V10 but the camera on S7 Edge tipped the scales.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
lol that graphic is funny. They give a win to the G5 for more MP which we know isn't necessarily true, and for having a smaller display?
Per LG, The g5 screen is better because it is 5.3",compared to 5.1 of the s7 (non Edge)

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
HEY guys since 2 awesome phones are launched at mwc...I stayed away from Samsung when they removed sd card slot and removable battery...I have used major Samsung phone but after few months they lagged badly...my last Samsung was note 4 dual sim..
now iam using Lumia 950 ds and G4...now really confused between G5 and S7 EDGE.
what are u guys planning to buy ?

Play with it and decide. Both phones have their quality. Pick what is best for your need.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I went with the edge because I had more things important to me: larger screen, promising camera, ergonomic design, waterproof, expandable memory and a large battery.

The G5 has some of those thing (mostly expandable storage, I would have accepted removable battery instead of bigger, screen size is acceptable to me) but I found the rear design a uninspiring (I actually quite like the front), no particular interest in the modules at the moment, and a little nervous how well the connection on the bottom would hold up after a year or two of opening and closing.

But these are very much my own views and if you were to ask the same question on the g5 board you'll have people explaining why the opposite is true. Also the g5 is very likely to be cheaper and a little more "exclusive". Plus changing the battery looks like loading a gun! :p

So it is very much down to what you want out of your next phone, and what compromises you are willing to make.

Posted via the Android Central App

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I figure this is a win-win decision. I prefer the S7 Edge screen size and style, but both phones are great.

LG makes me a little nervous by radically changing their phones nearly every year, but the G5 looks like an awesome device. I like the idea of being able to add a hi-fi audio enhancement to my phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Per LG, The g5 screen is better because it is 5.3",compared to 5.1 of the s7 (non Edge)
By that logic the Nexus 6 is still best phone in recent times.

Yes, I'm doubtless that there's an even bigger phone released in China or other regions, but Nexus 6 is the largest I can currently think of from the top of my head.

RadiantDuck

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I'm doubtless that there's an even bigger phone released in China or other regions, but Nexus 6 is the largest I can currently think of from the top of my head.

Arguably the Huawei mediapad X2, 7 inches! I know it's probably technically a tablet but it takes a sim, can use 2g-4g, has an earpiece and dialer and everything. You'd look like a plank though!

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
This is my issue...

Modular vs Water Proof

I had the S6 & edge I was disappointed mainly because of Cost and Battery Life.

MKBHD pointed out that Samsung even increased the thickness of it just to put a bigger battery.

I don't get why LG went backwards.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Arguably the Huawei mediapad X2, 7 inches! I know it's probably technically a tablet but it takes a sim, can use 2g-4g, has an earpiece and dialer and everything. You'd look like a plank though!

Haha I knew someone would be able to recall a bigger phone! 😂

hokie_prof

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This is my issue...

Modular vs Water Proof

I had the S6 & edge I was disappointed mainly because of Cost and Battery Life.

MKBHD pointed out that Samsung even increased the thickness of it just to put a bigger battery.

I don't get why LG went backwards.

I wouldn't say that LG went backwards. I think they are just banking on the idea that people will be willing to carry the extra battery with them. My guess is that it wasn't technologically efficient to create a larger battery that would work with the modular design.

That massive Samsung battery won't do us any good when it permanently loses its juice. I'm just hoping that battery is big and tough enough that a weaker battery won't be too problematic after 18 to 24 months. I expect to get a solid 2 years out of my phones when I pay for a flagship.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Most people want the swappable battery again. It was very useful for b those that use our phones a lot for business. Someone needs to come out with one that is all glass or aluminum that the back comes off on as well.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Yup. Per LG, biggest screen =best (doesn't explain why they decreased the screen size then... I guess they wanted to make what they consider to be an inferior product)

Also highest mp count is best? If so then they should promote Sony with much higher mp count cameras.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
My point about the screen size is that the chart is selecting a winner on something that is completely subjective. It's like giving a phone the Check (win) because it's black and the other is white.