LG G6 has died

J0hn_1991

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
I was using my phone the other day and then it froze, Screen went blank then never came back on. It doesn't acknowledge a charger (I've tried 3) and doesn't recognize being plugged into the computer. Can't exchange it as I've had it for 2 months and it's out of the 30 day return period. Now i have to wait for LG to repair it.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks
John

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey John, wow that's some very bad luck. Especially on a device that's only 2 months old. it's a pity it didn't happen earlier because it definitely sounds like a factory defect.

I have heard many times about devices freezing and screens going black but normally only happens after 2+ years and sometimes because of water damage. Hope you G6 gets fixed quickly. it's an awesome device 😃

shadokat_ph

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
That's a tough break. I haven't had such a problem with LG but back when I used Samsung phones I was always having to do warranty exchanges. Even after the 30 day return period I could just call T-Mobile and tell them what was wrong. In a few days I would have a new (new to me anyway) phone. Can you call your carrier or did you purchase an unlocked version from a store? Good luck!

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I was using my phone the other day and then it froze, Screen went blank then never came back on. It doesn't acknowledge a charger (I've tried 3) and doesn't recognize being plugged into the computer. Can't exchange it as I've had it for 2 months and it's out of the 30 day return period. Now i have to wait for LG to repair it.

Thanks
John

What i have read in andriod central many phone of different brands have also died in the same manner...
Try resetting by holding power key and volume down...hope that works...and if u in u.s u have 2 years warranty...god luck

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

Thanks
John

Not sure what carrier you have but AT&T provides warranty exchanges. One time my S6 Active died in the same manner. I called support and allowed them to walk me through their trouble shooting protocols. Once it was determined that the device would not work, they overnighted me a warranty replacement (waived $15 charge) and afforded me 10 days to return the defective device. The replacement arrived in pristine condition.

Good luck.

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
LG phones are notorious for dying, bootlooping and generally not lasting very long.
Dying? No.. bootlooping, 2 models had it bad.. my sister is rocking her 4 year old phone.. coworker rocking his g4 still.. lol

Can we say that Samsung is notorious for exploding phones?

JeBe4

Banned
Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Dying? No.. bootlooping, 2 models had it bad.. my sister is rocking her 4 year old phone.. coworker rocking his g4 still.. lol

Can we say that Samsung is notorious for exploding phones?

Still doesn't negate LG's history of devices malfunctioning over the years, rules always have exceptions.........aren't they being sued in a class action.... Samsung hasn't had a battery class action and the note 7 was identified and remedied LG doesn't even take accountability for their design flaws cracked camera lens etc. It's no conspiracy against them

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
You know that Samsung camera lenses crack also? Search on eBay there are a lot of sellers and a lot of topics started about them over at xda.

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Thanks
John

Maybe it just needed a soft reset? Happened to someone else on the forum and they were able to soft reset it.

pego99

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
This headline Should say my LG G has died. Your headline infers that all G6 have died. Maybe English is not your main language lol.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
This headline Should say my LG G has died. Your headline infers that all G6 have died. Maybe English is not your main language lol.

Or someone is being overly picky. It's obvious what he meant after reading. There's no reason to make uneducated inferences about the users language. Let's be polite, thanks.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Still doesn't negate LG's history of devices malfunctioning over the years, rules always have exceptions.........aren't they being sued in a class action.... Samsung hasn't had a battery class action and the note 7 was identified and remedied LG doesn't even take accountability for their design flaws cracked camera lens etc. It's no conspiracy against them

Samsung didn't have a class action because they had two major recalls on a safety issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cosmojetz