LG G8X new owner. Less than week.

Jcg0624

May 9, 2018
Visit site
I got my LG G8X Monday. What are some good music players that will work with Android Auto and show
the first songs in an album as unknown. I go the phone from Sprint they had the best deal. Would like to know what are the customization's some of you have done? I will get the dual screen in 3 to 6 weeks hopefully close to 3 weeks. Will the LG G8X be getting Android 10 soon.

Thanks

Last edited:

slivy58

Banned
Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I got my LG G8X Monday. What are some good music players that will work with Android Auto and show
the first songs in an album as unknown. I go the phone from Sprint they had the best deal. Would like to know what are the customization's some of you have done? I will get the dual screen in 3 to 6 weeks hopefully close to 3 weeks. Will the LG G8X be getting Android 10 soon.

Thanks

Bought the G8X ThinQ here in Canada 12 days ago since the asking price of $850 CAD w/dual screen was well below my 1K limit for a smartphone. Essentially, that price and its hybrid form factor (phone can be used as a stand-alone) were the icing on the cake that made me take the plunge.

Music and Android Auto aren't something I delve into so sorry can't help there... The dual speakers are awesome imo!

As for customization. Basically set mine up very similar to all my other phones so nothing too fancy although functional. Not into launchers. In all honesty, its use has been somewhat limited until my screen protector(s) arrive LOL... I'm a stickler for protecting my devices yet accessories availability here in Canada for G8X has been kinda scarce in that we've had to order from 3rd party vendors which caused substantial delays in receiving.

Yesterday read some news about LG's latest Android 10-based UX 9.0 software and LG stated it has been optimized for the G8X ThinQ. So will we see Android 10 soon? Knowing LG's track record on the update/support front I'm keeping things real here, hoping for the best yet expecting something much less than.