LG Revolution after 90 days

BeansDad03

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well gang, this is my first post and all of you have been helpful in learning Android, coming from the BlackBerry world. After 90 days with this phone I can honestly say that Android, at least on this phone is not ready for Prime Time. To many strange things happen (lock ups, mysterious reboots, core apps hanging, worst battery life in the world, sub-standard e-mail and calendaring) Do I really need to go on? Has it not all been said before? Today was the final straw, just trying to answer an e-mail and the keyboard has been developing a mind of it's own typing X's and Z's all over then screen and then hanging!

iPhone here I come!

Search engine companies are not software development houses and these sub-par phones that keep getting cranked out and sold to customers are proof positive of that fact. An no I am not screaming sour-grapes, I have given this expensive paper weight too many chances to try and do some real work and it has failed every time!

If you need to be productive and mobile (not just play Angry Birds) go look elsewhere for a real phone OS and not to Google, at least yet........

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Well gang, this is my first post and all of you have been helpful in learning Android, coming from the BlackBerry world. After 90 days with this phone I can honestly say that Android, at least on this phone is not ready for Prime Time. To many strange things happen (lock ups, mysterious reboots, core apps hanging, worst battery life in the world, sub-standard e-mail and calendaring) Do I really need to go on? Has it not all been said before? Today was the final straw, just trying to answer an e-mail and the keyboard has been developing a mind of it's own typing X's and Z's all over then screen and then hanging!

iPhone here I come!

Search engine companies are not software development houses and these sub-par phones that keep getting cranked out and sold to customers are proof positive of that fact. An no I am not screaming sour-grapes, I have given this expensive paper weight too many chances to try and do some real work and it has failed every time!

If you need to be productive and mobile (not just play Angry Birds) go look elsewhere for a real phone OS and not to Google, at least yet........

Have you considered that the manufacturer could be the culprit?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I feel you, BeansDad03. I'm an old Blackberry (Storms 1 and 2) and Droid 2 user. It doesn't much matter about this phone (other than we're stuck with it) because it's dead in the water, anyway. Half my paid apps don't work, the typing and keyboard is really awful (a period by the spacebar?) and both of my paid keyboards don't work anywhere near well enough to be useful. I feel like it's Verizon's red-headed stepchild. The 4G is nice when a: you're in an area that has it, and b: you can recharge your phone a few times a day. I ended up turning mine off for the most part--not enough of a difference most of the time, at least for how I use my phone. And since I don't root my phones, I'm having to deal with the bloat, bing, etc. No, not a totally disgruntled customer, but it has been the worst phone I've ever owned. Meh, there's always next year...:-\

panerai7

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

iPhone here I come!

iPhone here i come?????? You must be joking, haahhahahha.
If you find Android poor at emailing and calendaring you are gonna hate apple.

Not sure what you're guys are doing, but mine is fine since day 1, better than DX i had before. And keep it on 3G if you want a better battery life, turn on 4G when you need it.
Free Gingerbread keyboard is great, not sure what this person above bought (who pays for keyboards) and they don't work, hmmm????

Android is not for everyone but to say it's the worst, I smell trolling.

srrichte

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
All devices (and people for that matter) have issues. Find something you like and work with it. On a tech issue, I've noticed on my Revolution that pictures sent in messages can't be saved. Anyone have an answer for that? Also, in the contact's folder there is a 'photo' tab that doesn't seem to have a function either. Any support there?

Reactions: LatinHeat

pawdog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I find it amazing, the wildly differing experience with smart phones not just the Revolution. There is someone with a story that collectively effects every single aspect of the phone. When I read the original post of this thread I said to my self, "this guy has a whole new set of problems I had never heard of outside of the battery life".

I hope he finds the perfection he is looking for with the Iphone. Of course he might want to check out some Apple forums to see what kinds of complaints folks over there have so he won't be so disapointed.

majorpay

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I would highly recommend modding the phone. As a stock phone, this thing sucks. The problem is not Android, but rather Microsoft messing with Android. Over at XDA, we removed Microsoft from the picture, and this is a VERY capable device.

hxxp://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1180

I personally run "Revolt," and in my opinion, it's about the best you're going to get for battery life, and one of the fastest ROMs currently available. Next, of course, choose your home... I personally use ADW Ex and it runs very stable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts